sᴜʀғᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴇɴsɪᴏɴ

Katherine was leaning against the counter in Hanna's kitchen sipping on some coffee with the others standing around.

"I thought you were getting your own room"

"That was before the pipes went off behind the walls," Emily said walking closer to them and taking the cup of coffee from Hanna's hands.

"They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in. So we're roomies till then"

"It"all be fun," Emily said and took a sip of her coffee.

"I know, it's gonna be like a sleepover that never ends"

Aria looked over at Spencer and Katherine with a smile and the both of them looked back at Aria.

"Has Garrett called you about Ian's messenger?" Spencer asked, leaning slightly against Katherine.

"Not a sound"

"Guys, we dragged Garrett into this. We just gotta trust him" Aria said, looking between them.

"We're trusting him with Ian's $10,000 and I couldn't used some of that to replace Melissa's ring"

"And if they traced the money from Ian to you? How would you explain that?"

"I just don't like waiting. If we're too quiet, A will get bored and stir the pot" Spencer said, linking her arm with Katherine's.

"And if we say something, A is gonna smack us down. I don't wanna walk into another A-stravaganza like that fashion show"

"God, the look on Mrs. DiLaurentis's face"

Spencer sighed and leaned her head against Katherine's shoulder. The doorbell then ranged and Hanna went to answer it, and Spencer moved off the counter since she was sitting on it.

"This isn't just about making us look like bitches anymore, is it?"

Spencer shook her head. "No. It's about keeping us quiet"

"Why?" Aria asked pouring more coffee into her cup.

"Because A might really be the one who killed Ali. I mean, that's what we're all thinking, isn't it?"

Katherine shook her head. "I don't think so"

"Why else go through all the trouble of setting up Ian?"

Hanna then walked back into the kitchen holding a basket. "You, guys," she said and then stopped. "Look at the card"

Emily took the card out of the basket. "What fun two little liars under one roof. You're making it so easy -A"

Katherine sighed and placed her forehead against Spencer's shoulder.

"It's not even good candy," Hanna said throwing some candy away.

Katherine was already in Spencer's yard moving branches and sticks out of the way, when Spencer walked up to her.

"Wow. You don't waste any time" Spencer said, looking at her girlfriend.

"Well, these days, if somebody offers me a job. I don't give them a chance to change their mind"

"Well, I figure I can set up a chair and just fan myself while I watch you work," Spencer said using her hand to fan herself but then laughs. "Or I can make you a grilled cheese sandwich"

"Mm, well I'd like both," Katherine said turning to face Spencer.

Mr. Hastings then came up to them. "Katherine. Thought you'd start tomorrow"