Prologue

I run as fast as I could to reach my classroom on time but my heels is giving me hell.

Well what's the context? Of course, I woke up late because I also slept late! Gosh Rebecca! Your so careless! I can feel my foot being swollen from all the running I did but I paid no attention to it as I force myself to take the stairs towards the fifth floor to catch up for my first subject classes.

The hallways were dead silent as I slowly approached my classroom. My heart is pounding so fast as if my heart will be ripped out of my chest.

Please not be there! Please not be there!

I silently prayed knowing my cold professor might be having her classes now and here I am having my slow ass outside her classroom lurking around to see if she already arrived or not.

But unfortunately...

When I opened the door...

She was there.

Standing with her black and beige slacks with a glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. Her facial expressions are so scary, it's as if she will kill a person with the aura she possess.

"G-good morning Ms. Chankimha." I slowly exclaimed praying to the lord to spare my life. I know how she hates it when people are late and I am the top students at school and I am setting a bad example with my juniors.

"You are late Ms. Armstrong!" Her venomous voice illuminated in the whole classroom. " Why are you late?"

I gulped.  Speak Becky!

"A-ahm... I-i slept late last night and I missed my alarm Ms. Chankimha." I explained.

"Really? You are a college student Ms. Armstrong yet your giving me a shallow excuse on why you were late. Do you think that's valid?"

"I know! I'm sorry, I missed my alarm okay? What do you want me to say?" I snapped back. I don't know why this professor hated me so much when I didn't even do anything wrong to her.

"Sit down!"

I complied but...

"Meet me in my office after this class!"

And with that, I walked towards my chair and as soon as I slump myself in there, Irin's grinning face welcomed me.

"Your late Becky!"

"Don't start Irin!"

"Why were you late?" Irin asked again making me glare at her.

"You heard what I said! Stop asking!" I replied so Irin remained silent during the discussion. Of course we don't want to be scolded again by Miss Dead Face.

After an hour, we were dismissed from her class but sad to say I was left behind because she wanted to meet me.

"I'll wait for you in the cafe Bec." Irin exclaimed gathering her things with me behind her.

"Sure, see you there."

"And! Take it easy with Ms. Temperamental!" She whispered making me roll my eyes at her before making my way on that professor's office.

Freen Sarocha Chankimha. She's been a terror professor in all the departments and everyone is scared of her but not me. Why would I be scared when I didn't do anything wrong right?

When I reached her office, I knocked twice before hearing her cold voice from the inside telling me to come in so I opened the door and saw her sitting on her swivel chair pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Lock the door."

"What? Why?"

"I said lock the door Rebecca!"