Chapter 23

The evident of Freen's actions left a mark on my face. My lips purse to a smile as I walked down the hallways to my department, few students pass by me not minding the new aura my face possess.

My heart is in cloud nine remembering the things and the events that happened in a snap of a finger, it seems so impossible, so bizarre. I didn't know this could happened, that we would happened. But it did. It happened.

Propping my feet on the floor of our classroom, peeking a little at the door only to see Irin studying in her desk, a usual thing she always do before we have our classes. Tiptoing a little, I slowly made my way to Irin's desk without her noticing my presence, and surprising her by speaking behind her back.

"Studying are we?" I asked. She jumped a little putting her palm on her chest glaring at me as I laughed at her reaction.

"What the heck Becky! Are you planning to kill me?" She asked.

" If I am why would I ever tell you?" I asked nonchalantly shrugging my shoulders.

"Your so mean." She replied but I only laugh it off. I know she don't mean it.

"Let's go eat outside for lunch later, i'll treat you." She put her palm on my forehead making me move back a little creasing my sculptured eyebrows. " What are you doing?" I asked.

"Are you sick?" She asked, her hands still pressing on my neck and on my chest. " But your not hot. Are you sure your okay?"

"What? Why? Why are you asking me that?"

"You don't usually treat me Becky, unless you lost with me to a bet. Now why are you suddenly treating me?" She inquire but all I could do is smile and shook my head in anticipation.

"Did something happened?" I shook my head. " What exactly happened? The last time we saw each other Nop is asking you out in a-WAIT! NO BECKY! DON'T TELL ME!"

I paused.

"You get laid! Did you and Nop did it!" She yelled making me cover her mouth with my palm a little fo tight than what I intend to be making her unable to breath.

"What the heck Irin! Someone might hear you!" I bolted.

"So? Was it true?" She asked.

"What is? That's not the thing okay! Your so gross I would never sleep with Nop! How many times would I ever tell you i'm married and I cannot be sleeping with other people?"

"Yeah yeah you keep saying you should only be with the person you married who hadn't even sleep with you and be tied in a loveless marriage your ancestors created."

"That's what is right Irin, I can't just throw myself out in some other guys just because me and my wife don't sleep with each other."

"But has she ever sleep with you?"

"No Irin dang! Marriage is not about sleeping with each other. Would you ever just marry someone just to have them in your bed?"

"No! Of course! Why are you switching the topic on me?" She asked. "And also marriage is not all about tying two people who don't love each other in a bind of surnames. I still don't get why you both created contract not to interject with each other business but now your acting like an inlove couple inclined to each other's hips." I smiled, not uttering a single word. Just a smile, a smile that keeps on creeping out of my mouth from the moment I left Freen's car.

"Wait! What's that smile for Becky?" She asked making my smile go wider. " Oh my god! You freaking tell me detail by detail!" She demanded.

I hesitated for a bit, wasn't it too early let Irin know about me and Freen's improvement? But she's my friend. Argh, fine.