Chapter 31

Freen apologized multiple times to me after that night. She did everything she could, buy me flowers, write me handwritten letters, spoil me with all the things I love and pick me up before and after school. She didn't fail to fill in the lapses she had, instead she keep showering me with love that I yearned for, the same love she always give me.

But the cycle repeated, she will come home late,  forget important dates, apologize, then everything gets back to normal. Then it will repeat again. Like a broken record playing on the stereo which you cannot change because it is broken and all you have to do is listen to the same rhythm over and over again. She was there physically, but her mental capacities to connect with me is absent. She was somewhere else, somewhere in the depths of her mind in close barricaded doors. I cannot come in, I cannot read her, she was too secluded... To far away.

I sat on the shed outside the school waiting for Freen to pick me up again. She promised, she promised she would take me home but she didn't show up. And it's too late to call a cab, and Irin is already too burden to ask her to come get me. So I sat on the side road with my head leaning on my cross shoulders as I silently sob in the silent night.  She promised she would take me home and we'll cuddle together, she promised. She promised.

My faint sobs grow louder, the heavy ache of my heart increases, like i've been stab a million times... The only problem is that  this scars cannot be mended by medicines and gauges. It's way more than that.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" The guard prompted, he probably notice me waiting for quite a long time in here. " You've been here for almost two hours now, are you sure your chauffeur would come pick you up?" He asked.

I raised my head wiping the tears in my cheeks before smiling. " I'm sure she'll come pick me up. She'll be here any minute." I replied trying to convince him, but it's the other way around. More like i'm convincing myself that she will come.

"Okay then i'll wait here with you for your driver ma'am." He retorted and I just nodded in agreement.

The guard sat a few sits away from me as I waited for Freen. But after another hour of waiting she still hasn't showed up, and it started lashing.

"Ma'am... Let's go inside, your gonna get sick if you stay here." The guard said striding next to me. But I shook my head, I wanna get soak in the rain, I don't care, it's easier to get sick than be this heart sick person. I don't like it.  After a few attempts of bringing me inside, the guard give up and offered me an umbrella so I won't be wet but I didn use it, instead I just sat there leaning my face on my cross arms prompting on my knees as the tears didn't stop falling.

It fall with the rain, the rain cried with me like it carry the same vigor of pain I have in my heart. It was heavy, the splashing of the raindrops on the roads make an enormous bizarre sound that hit my ears.

And I sat there... Broken, fragile, crumpled, and in pain. " You promised Freen! You promised!" I whispered before a figure approached my direction.

"Bec?" It was Nam getting out her car, an umbrella on her right hand, rushing over me. " Nong Bec! What are you doing here! What happened?" She asked but I am too tired to utter a word, so I sob, and that's when she notice I was crying.

"P-P'Nam..."  Her eyes were weary,  she held me like i'm a fragile box.

"Shit! Nong it's okay! I'm here na! I'll take you home. I promised I'll take you home. Let's go na ka?" She lift me up guiding my body towards the passenger sit, I shivered under the cold breeze of her AC and my body started to shake.  " Nong i'll turn off the aircon now... I'm sorry na." She whispered and I nodded in agreement. She wrapped her coat on my body locking it safely on my chest as I feel the warm heat of it pulling my goosebumps away.