Chapter 34

"Mom can you just please stop? You look so annoying right now." Dasha contorted watching her mom walking back and forth on her bedside. "Freen is married, why can we just accept that? Yes I know that I wanted to win Freen back like how I planned to but we can't force her. She's happy and i'm happy for her, i'm happy that she found her happiness and someone who can love her more than me. Now can you just stop blackmailing her about her wife and let her go?" Her mother's face turned into a scowl.

"And what? I'll let you die? Watch as you slowly best yourself up to the guilt of your failed relationship??"

"Mom, we can't force Freen. I'm happy that she's happy, that's all that matters.". Dasha whispered. " Please, give freen her happiness back."

Her mother sighed. " I'll think about it."

//

Freen watered Becky's plant in the garden, it's been her usual thing everytime she get back home from the school. She cleaned the house, water Becky's plants, clean her room and make the house lovelier, incase her wife come back. But she still didn't.

"When are you coming back baby?" She whispered. She looked at her ring,  that shiny metal chain lying on her ring finger that indicates her marriage with Becky, it was still there sitting on her hand.  She took her phone helding it between her hands as she captured her ring finger, the diamond stone resting atop of it glistened.

Freen posted it for the first time, her fingers resting in her lap with her glistening ring and a caption that says "Home is not one if your not here" . A tear slipped her eye as she shut her phone close.

"Freen, what are you still doing here? We should go move now." Nam prompted walking closer to Freen's direction. It's their night off this day and as much as nam wanted to gatekeep her friend, she  have to get her out of her shell or she'll lose it. And she don't want that.

Freen stood up from the chair swinging her bag on her shoulders then both of them drove off to somewhere but a quiet place to let Freen reflect and look back on where she is lacking. And they reach a highland in northern Thailand, it was a peak mountain that view the whole city of Bangkok and it's neighboring towns.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"I don't know what's in your mind lately, and I wanted you to take a break for a bit.  Inhale peace and serenity for a second so i'm taking you here." Nam replied buckling off her seatbelt opening the back of her pick up to open the mat so they can watched the whole view together.

"What should I do P'Nam?" Came Freen's shaky voice, she settled on the math beside P'Nam and proceed to her indian seat as she look at the very far end of the highlands.

"I don't know too Freen... I don't know how to assure you about what you will do. But it's much better if you show her how much you care and how much she mean to you. "

"What if she won't let me?" She asked thinking about the probability of the situation. Freen knew Becky trust her so much, but sometimes she just don't trust anyone. Even if they are close to her.  And it hurt Becky. She don't trust herself enough to trust Becky about her concerns, and it leads to this. To hurting each other.

People who hurt others sometimes do it because they have gotten comfortable enough to be their true selves. This is the trust and safety paradox, trusting people more means being your true self around them. But for Freen she find it hard to be herself in people she trust because she wanted to be formal in everyone.  And she became someone else, a jerk to be exact. All she wanted to do is show her true self but it's the other way around, sometimes, your true self is not the nicest version of you.

"You have to try again Freen, try again and again even if she don't want you to, if she don't want to, even if the world don't want you. Just work for it, you'll be back together again in the end." Nam replied. " But don't repeat the same mistake, always choose Becky in all circumstances, always Freen. Don't let anything or anyone get to you, because sometimes when we focus too much on the things that somebody is offering we forget what we have on the table, and we only realize it when it's gone."

Nam was right, Freen thought. She knew Nam would always be the best listener to all her rants and issues that no one can understand, but with nam she can whoever she wanted to be.

" Do you think she still love me when she comes back?"

Nam shoot a glance at her friend before laughing. " Your so funny Freen, of course she would. No love can be change in a span of two weeks, but i'm warning you it will be hard, so work for it."  Freen nodded in anticipation, she would do anyth for Becky, just go have her back, if that's what would get her to feel her love for her.

.........

"Becca! What the heck! I'm glad you are back! You've been gone since forever!" Irin yelped pulling her friend for a hug when it pop out in the middle of the room before their first subject. The truth is, she's been contemplating if she will come back, but she still did, and it makes her nervous thinking she would see Freen later.

"Your squishing me! Let go!" She pushed Irin off her as she fix her ruffled clothes.

"Where exactly were you staying in England Becky! You worry us too much! Freen almost went insane!"

"Stop being dramatic Irin, atleast i'm back now." Becky replied rolling her eyes on her friend.  Irin and Becky chatted for quite some time, they spend minutes of telling each other how their weeks went until Freen barge in the room. She was wearing her casual long sleeve, nude slacks, a glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose and her iPad on her left hand. Becky prompted lower to hide her figure  and it seemed to help since Freen didn't notice her the whole class.

"You better talk to her bitch!"

Becky smack Irin's hand. " Shut up you pineapple head!" She replied referring to Irin's new hair color.  Freen continued discussing, she was busy explaining again and again the topics that students didn't quite cat h well.  Until it's time to go.

They started gathering their things, Irin started putting her notes back on her bag while Becky's back displayed on her. She was disguising herself to avoid murmurs of her name.

"Irin!" Becky heard Freen's voice from behind making her grip the notebook she was holding.

"Yes Ms. Chankimha?" She inquired, Becky remain still not planning to turn around so she remained on her position.

" Did Becky messaged you? She is gone for two weeks and a half days now, please tell me she called you?" Freen's voice pleaded shattering Becky's heart.

Irin shook her head. " No phi, she didn't." Irin replied. Freen only nodded, and only then she notice the person next to Irin ducking her head on whatever she is taking on her bag and her cap is concealing her face.

"Who's this?" She asked, Irin looked at Becky nervously.

"A-ahm... She's a new friend, yeah new friend." She replied. Freen only nodded with the response studying Irin's actions and somehow notice there is something off with her. " Were going now Phi." Irin grabbed Becky's hand dragging her out of the room,.but Becky's handkerchief fell off and Freen noticed it.

She picked it up and saw the letters sued in it. Rebecca Armstrong.

Freen's heart beat quickened, she rushed out of the room running after Irin and Becky who is now walking down the stairs. On the other hand, Becky was cursing Irin. " You idiot! I lost my wallet, why did you dragged me!"

"Oh trust me she will find out minutes later if I hadn't do that!"

"But my ring is in the handkerchief Irin! I need to go back!" Becky pulled her hand away from Irin's grip running back to the room they once fled out, she searched everywhere, every corner, every desk, but still nothing.

Then the voice she miss so much suddenly startled her and the loud slamming of the door and the clicking of it's lock can be heard. " Looking for this?"