Chapter 20

Both of the girls went out of the office heading straight home. Becky remained silent, the intensity of the silence carry the atmosphere as they drive back home. None of them spoke, not even Becky.

"Becky." Freen retorted trying to get Becky's attention, but the younger one is stubborn and her mind is not accepting opinions at the time. "Bec, please. Let's talk."

"I'm tired Freen." She insisted, her shoulders slump on her sides as she swings her backpack on her shoulders

"Becca dont be stubborn. We can't just let that slide. Dasha harmed you, I can't let that happen again."

"It doesn't matter Freen. I'm not planning to harm her back but that doesn't mean i'll let her hurt me again. And why do you care? Why can't u just go back to the Freen I used to know? The nonchalant one? The cold one? Why are you acting something else now?" Becky retort back. It left a pang on Freen's chest, like a knife has been buried deep on her chest. She can't pinpoint what that is, but all she know is she don't wanna ignore things if it concerns Becky.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"What are you saying sorry for?"

"I don't know exactly, I just don't want you to think I am siding on Dasha." Becky glared.

"You already did Freen! Wasn't it too late to say that now? You freaking accused me on pushing Dasha back there when I didn't even lay a finger on her skin!" Becky yelled. Her emotions cannot be controlled as her anger burst in. "You just freaking take Dasha's side on that part without even asking me what happened!"

"Becky i'm not siding on her! It wasn't my intention to make it sound like I am!" Freen took Becky's hand only to be yanked it away from her as Becky stride faster inside the house. Sabrina welcomed them only to be walked pass by the two. "Becky! I was doing this for you Becky. She is a professor and you're a student and she have all the power to accused you of doing something without actually doing it. She posses power Becky. And I won't want you anywhere near her, I want to keep you safe. I don't want her to lay another finger on you." She admitted, her gaze softening as her eyes meet the ground.

"Let go of me Freen!"

"Bec!"

"I'm tired Freen, now if your respectful enough please spare me my space. I don't wanna talk about it and I don't wanna talk to anyone so please! Please let me be for now!"

Freen could only sigh before a door slammed on her face. She rubbed her face, stress evident on that nonchalant aura she possess.

Her mind was so confused, full, and lightheaded. She needed to talk to someone or else she would lose her mind. So she went over Nam's place unannounced.

"Freen! What are you doing here? It's late." Nam's concern voice elided Freen eardrums once her door opened.

"Can we talk?" Freen's fragile voice got Nam worrying about her friends heart. So she let her in, settled her in the couch sitting beside her ready to listen to whatever her bestfriend needed to say.

"So, what are we gonna talk about?" She asked, Freen's fingers fidget on one another as she waited for her to open her mouth.

"Nam..." Freen started. " I-i'm scared." Then she burst into tears. Tears she didnt know she was holding back from the very first moment she get home.

"Hey buddy... It's okay, i'm here. Now tell me what's scaring you." Nam cooed rubbing Freen's back.

"I'm scared of this new sensations, I didn't feel it before. It was new, it was foreign. I can't put a finger on it and discuss it addressing what I am feeling and why I am feeling this way." Freen sighed. " I just, I don't know. I'm starting to feel something more than I should feel for Becky, I feel like i'm inlove, but sometimes I really wanted to rip her head off. And it's scaring me. It's scaring me how can this sensation affect Becky and everyone around us."

"Then Dasha came back, and just her being here made it more chaotic. It made me always wanted to stick my skin on Rebecca on don't want her out of my sight. It scares me how can this sensation pull someone closer and push someone away." She continued. Nam only nodded her head, her beaming smile reached the valleys of her cheeks as she smiled widely to her friend. She knew. She knew Freen felt more than just what she use to feel before for Becky but she was only in denial to admit it.

"Do you love Becky?" Nam asked.

"What? No! I- I d-"

"Don't answer questions if your unsure of what you feel Freen. Just let that feeling linger and give me the answer if you already figured it out. Don't answer me in chorus." Nam replied. " Now tell me what do you feel with Becky?"

Freen who is fidgeting her fingers slowly stopped as she meet Nams gaze. " She makes me feel butterflies in my stomach, like I have a whole dam zoo flying around inside my body everytime she's close to me-And when she's with someone else it makes me wanted to choke someone, I want her attention for myself. It sounds so bossy and demanding but I want her only for me. I want to keep her safe and happy. But sometimes i'm also the reason why she's at risk. Just like what happened earlier."

"What? Why? Did something happened?"

"Dasha came to Becky when she was at the library. She was furious and mad at Becky. Becky sprained her ankle because of her. And when I saw what she did it makes me feel like I want to always keep Becky safe."

"That bitch." Nam murmured. " What did she say? Is Becky okay?"

"She is, but she's mad at me."

"Why?"

"She think I sided with Dasha but it wasn't my intention to make it sound like that. God knows how I wanted to confront Dasha about it but that would so unprofessional of me."

"But what Dasha did is also unprofessional Freen. She should know that."

"I know... I don't even know why she suddenly came back. It's been four years then she will suddenly come back and act as if nothing has ever happened. Now that i'm okay, not that i'm better." Freen exclaimed.

"We get better when the people we have treats us better freen. And Becky did that."

"She didn't!" Freen objected. She can't count how many times she and that woman fight over small things. " She's a pain in the ass, she gets into my nerves all the time."

"But you can't deny the fact that she's the only one who can soften you Freen. I can see it in your eyes from the moment the looks you gave to her started to change. That's when I knew." Nam replied. "So what will you do now? Both of them plays a huge part of your life. "

"Dasha is my past Nam, I can't move in with the future if I keep clinging on to the past. On the other side Becky is my present, I may not love her or address what I felt for her but I want to keep her safe and sound. Within getting hurt or being harmed by anyone." Freen replied. " And I would do everything I can if it's the only way I can keep my wife safe. " That being said made Nam smile.

Her girl has finally grown up and get her heart fixed again.

Finally.