Chapter 11

The sound of the sea flashing over the shore gleaned over our room. It was a breathe of peace. I always love the sea, and will always find ways to be near it.

The memories of last night flood through my mind. That was the first time I experience being harrassed and I would never ever let that happen again. It's terrifying and scary. The man's face still linger in my mind, even his touch on my skin. Tracing my fingers in my neck, I stopped on a long red mark where I assume came from his tight grip last night.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a wound?"

"Shoot! Freen! Why are you suddenly popping out?" I held my chest. Freen suddenly came inside the room looking at my hands that traces the marks on my neck.

"I'm asking you a question Becky." She repeated, no hints of smile in her face.

"It's nothing. I also didn't notice I have one." I replied beaming a small smile taking away the hand on my neck trying to hide the aching of my body.

"Let me see." She step closer.

"No Freen! It's —i'm okay. Don't worry." I took a step back maintaining a safe distance between us.

" Then let me see Becky."

"No! Freen! I'm fine! — Ouch!"  She let go of me when I yelp. So I took a step back rubbing my shoulders lightly but she is quick enough to stride over reaching me pushing the sleeve of my shirt up revealing the big bruise on my shoulders.

"Becky!"

" It's fine Freen! I'm fine okay."

" That's way too far from being fine!" Then she press my wound.

"Ouch!"

"See? That's not fine." She replied dragging me over the couch as she walk over to the fridge taking an ice pack before gently pressing it to my wound.

We remain silent. None of us talk, what can be heard in the room is both of our breathing. Freen slowly rub the ice pack on my shoulder pressing it a little at times but not too hard to make me yelp. Her face was still the same. The same dead face I know. The same cold professor I used to live with for the past four years.

"There." Her voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Mom and dad left to go shopping for a while, i'm just gonna be in the sun lounger, if you wanna join me just follow me." She prompted before walking out of the room.

I sighed. I don't know if I am in the mood to go to the ocean again after last night but I also know I  can't waste the time to go and explore the sea so I decided to just follow Freen.

As I walked into the pathway through the ocean I heard a lot of murmurs about a pretty lady in the sun lounger. And as expected, it was Freen. I don't know why but everytime she's out she always pull out everyone's attention and I hate it.

"Hey." I sat in the sun lounger across her as she took off the glasses from her head.

"Hey, i'm glad you came— I ordered a drink for you." She retorted and before I know it, a milk tea is place on my table.

" OMG! I miss this! Thank you Freen!" I held the milk tea on my hand doing my happy dance and I literally saw Freen smile.

"Your welcome." She whispered. " And uh—do you wanna go explore the sea? Like do snorkeling or scuba diving?"

"C-can we? I mean you don't like those activities." I whispered.

" I didn't say I don't like it."