Chapter 38

The large halls of the stadium grow silent as Freen exits. Distress simmered over her as she pass each students and faculty. Becky on the other hand was left astonished as they continue the shoot. Her mind wanders over that dead face professor who suddenly left when she is the main judge in this audition.

The head director, with a confused aura turned to Nam who just arrived with fabrics on her hans and said. "Is your best friend okay Ms. Orntara?"

Nam with a puzzled look gaze at the director before shrugging her shoulders. " We never saw each other H.D. I came from the tailoring department getting this fabrics. Why? What happened? I thought she was here?"

"She left just a few minutes ago." The head director replying palming his face. Turning his attention on me, he gaved me a nod before telling me I can already exit the stadium.

Taking my bag from one of the seats, I started taking long steps for my departure when Faulkner suddenly grabbed my hand pulling me back. " What is it?" With quirk eyebrows, I inquired Faulkner for his concern, but he only smiled at me.

"I'm glad you are my partner in this pageant Ms. Armstrong." He replied scraping the back of his neck. Faulkner is one of the varsity players at school, and much to everyone's story. He is a playboy, he wanted to get into everyone's pants when they qualified his preference.

Yanking my wrist from his hold, I turned my back feigning a smile. " The feeling is not mutual Mr. Faulkner."

"Wait!" He grabbed me again, restraining me from moving an inch further. " Why are you always so pissed at me? I didn't even court you!" He asked. His egotistical nature is peaking at the thick fabrics covering it in.

"Your conceited self have to be slap by the truth that you will never stand a chance on me Mr. Faulkner. You are not my type, and never will be."

I bumped into his shoulders before walking off to do my own business. Walking down the pathway towards the faculty office I can hear murmurs and smashed of things from afar. Like the person is having a bad day and their submitting into a great sublimation.

Thuds echoed through the hallways, it's getting louder and louder as I get closer. I took a peak and saw none other than but Freen. Sitting on the edge of the stairs stomping her feet on the ground murmuring different inaudible murdering rituals over and over again.

"What are you complaining about?" Freen jerk up. My sudden presence shock her silent state as she held her chest glaring at my own orbs.

She rolled her eyes at me turning her back the other way. " What are you doing here? Go back inside! They probably wonder where you were." Her high pitched voice should make me feel scared and run for my life but it didn't even threatened my petite body, instead,  I walked closer to her invading her private space.

"Why did you leave just like that?" I inquired. She remained silent and still, not moving a muscle, not even her mouth. " Are you jealous?" She turned her back on me with fire in her eyes, like she's gonna me through hell for asking.

"No one's jealous Rebecca. I'm not jealous." Her mouth replied but the tumultuous aura on her face says the exact opposite of what she voiced out.

"Then why did you leave?"

"It's suffocating. I just breathe fresh air." She replied, I shook my head in anticipation realizing this woman won't be swayed easily.

"Okay if that's what you say." I started walking away, I count on ten to see if she would stop me or what. Upon reaching three, a stuffed toy came crashing down my face from behind as she throw it straight to my face.

" What the—"

Her sudden rage got me frozen on the spot, she was mad. Her aura is so dark and she is so ready to kill people. Should I run now? " That's it! You're just gonna go and leave me just like that?"