Chapter 29

Freen

I cannot tell how many shifts I made from the moment I sat across Dasha in this very resto across the school university after the stunt she pulled in earlier. I admit I didn't expect her to pull that, it was unexpected. I was having the best time of my life after what happened to me and Becky last night only to be ruined by her acts.  And Dasha's mother bumping over me is not a good help too, because of her I was obliged to have a meal with Dasha and catch up with her a little bit and now i'm running out of time to go and meet my wife.

"Dasha, I told you we can't go back the way we used to be. You cheated on me with my bestfriend, now how would you want me to comprehend to that?" I coldly stated to the girl sitting across me, the bouquet she gaved me lie beside her on the sit as I don't want to hold it in my arms. I can't, and I don't want to.

"Do you love Becky?" Her only reply, her eyes hinted hope of assurance that she can still have me but the silence I prompted made her get the exact answer she needed. " So she made you fall inlove with her?"

I gritted my teeth. " She didn't do such thing, I fell inlove with her myself. It was all on me Dasha."

"I thought we could fix it... What we have. I thought I still stand a chance if I put distance between us and let you breathe in space for a while. Then we could be together again."

I clenched my eyes shut. " Dash... You didn't apologize, nor explain, nor tell me what went wrong and what made you cheat on me. It was four years of unanswered questions of why I wasn't enough, why you betrayed me, why you ruined my trust. It was four years of putting Becky into a hellhole of rejections and insults because I blamed her about all of it. I blamed her because if it wasn't because of that stupid marriage I wouldn't have lost you. Becky shoulder the mark of hatred and pain you bestowed upon me Dash... All those years I was carrying a lot of burdens in my heart and now that i'm already better you will come back."

"I'm sorry."

"Why Dash?" I asked as the immense throbbing on my throat.

"I was devastated, the moment you told me you will be marrying Becky... I was... I was scared despite the assurance you gaved me. Becky is gorgeous even though she is four years younger than me I know she will become a fine lady someday and I was scared you would fall for her, develop another level of liking towards the girl and forget about me after the marriage.  I beat myself about the thought of me losing you, so that night I go to the bar and drink. I was so intoxicated to even walk to my car so the waiter help me call someone." She started. " He was about to call you but I stopped him... I told him to call someone else cause I was scared you'll see me in that state, s the waiter called Heng. He picked me up and drive me home.  But my horny ask kicked in,  I kissed him. My mind tells me it's wrong but my body was craving for you. For the things we never did yet, I was craving for the thing you still hasn't gaved me."

"So you sought the comfort you wanted on somebody else? On my bestfriend?"

"I was drunk Freen."

"Drunk or not you would know who touches you and who you are with. Just because I haven't given you the things we wanted you'll seek it on someone else!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She pleaded.

Her eyes waters, the huge amount of years approaches her cheeks as I let out those words. " I-i thought we could fix it... " I sighed.

"I'm sorry we can't Dash. I'm okay, i'm fine. I love Becky. I love her so much, I love her more than I loved you. And I am not planning on getting back with you and leave the person who will love me despite the uncertainties and circumstances." I whispered. She only nodded in response munching the food inside her mouth when my phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket. Becky sent a text, bunch of them as it partake the whole screen of my phone. Damn it Freen! Your wife must have waited for so long yet you didn't show up.

Wifey🌹: Nice date

My head shoot up as I read what the message consist. My heart started racing fast. Is she here? Dang it Freen! What will she think of you after claiming her last night and she'll see you in a resto with your ex! I face palmed myself, my eyes roam around to find a certain British girl. And I found her, sitting a few tables away from our table with fuming anger in her face.

" Hey, are you okay?" Dasha ask nudging my elbow.

"My wife's here!" I slowly whispered as Dasha shoot her gaze around to find her, and she smile bitterly.

" You should go talk to her."

Right before Dasha can say another word, I stride over the other table only to find Becca's empty sit and her figure running out of the resto.  Nop look at me cautiously but I neglect his eyeing gaze as I run after my wife.

"Bec!"

She run faster.

"Baby! Wait up!" Using all the strength left in my body, I pull in all my energy as I run faster taking Becky's wrist stopping her from running away.

" What was that Freen!" She yelled slapping my chest so hard making me rub it gently with my palm. " What was the that? Romantic date with your ex? Is that it? Your freaking told me we would go get lunch h together and I freaking waited for you for two hours only to find you sitting there happily eating with her ex!"

"I wasn't happy eating with her! Why would I be happy sitting there with my ex in front of me when all I wanted was to eat with you."  Becky's annoyance blow out in every word rolling in my mouth, it was obvious that she was devastated.

"I don't know! You ask yourself! She even got you a bouquet in front of all those students early in the morning and I just found out that you and her get lunch together! Are you full na? Why did you come here? Go back to your Dasha!"

I took her hand only to be yanked away from me as she step a little behind. We are on the parking lot and I am so thankful no one is in here or else it'll be much more harder to console Becky in a place like this.

"Babe."

"Don't touch me with your filthy hands!"

I retreated, pain evident in my eyes when Becky flinched as my fingertips touched her skin. " I didn't accept the bouquet... It was the least of my likings but I don't want to embarrass her in front of the students so I take it, I took it but I gaved it back to her. The resto part is not what you think, her mother suddenly pay her a visit and bumped into me and she begged me to join them for lunch, I declined. I swear, but she was persistent enough saying it will only be for now so I obliged because she was kind to me before, I didn't forget that. But what you saw in the resto is not what you think. I cleared everything with Dasha, I told her i'm inlove with you and only you."

Becky's gaze softens, her once murderous eyes turned softer as she meet my loving gaze. " You didn't even text me Freen... No heads up you idiot!"

I pulled her in by the waist, kissing the top of her head as I lifted her chin to press my lips against hers sealing it with a kiss. " I know, i'm sorry baby." I whispered. " I'm so sorry I made you jealous." My lips found her earlobe whispering huskily my deepest apology and I felt her shiver under my touch.

"Now let me make it up to you."