Chapter 17

"T-that was what I was trying to tell you." Nam exclaimed looking at me worriedly. My eyes didn't left Dasha's face like I am reminiscing the pieces of the face I use to love before. But now all I felt is pain.

I walked out of the stadium in a rush. I don't care if I bumped into someone along the way, I just wanna get out of here. Away from Dasha, away from the memories of her. It all came back when I saw her, all of the pain, all of the memories I wanted to forget and live without.

Do you try really hard in relationships? Only to find yourself asking, why have they hurt your feelings when you have done nothing to deserve it? Why do they keep hurting the people they claim to love? Why do they still seek for more things from other people when they said you are enough?  Seeing Dasha awakens a lot of dark past I wanted to heal from, but I guess fate doesn't want me to be free from the burdens I felt before.

I stride faster towards my office but midway upon the last floor I hear Dasha's voice. " Freen! Freen wait!" She yelled, I continued walking away from her, but she didn stop there, he still follow wherever I go to. "Freen, please."

"What!" I yelled. " What exactly do you want Dash? What's in it for now this time? What do you want?!" My venomous voice retorted.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"There is nothing to talk about Dasha."

"Yes there is Freen, a lot of things, a lot of unaddressed things we left hanging." She said calmly.

"Things I choose to burry as time flew by Dasha! What's there to talk about now? Isn't it too late to talk about what happened when it's already been four years ago?"

"Freen please."

"No Dasha! Stay away from me! Don't come any closer!" I yelled stepping back when she took a step closer trying to reach me. I was devasted, I was broken. Then I see a shadow slowly walking away of where we were, my mind was clouded with thoughts and the first assumptions I have when I saw that figure walking out is Becky.

"Becky!"

"......"

"Bec... Are you there?" I asked. Dasha's face had a bitter aura plastered on it but I didn't pay attention to her. " Becca?"

"Becky is not here Freen. Please let's talk." She exclaimed. " Freen I won't hurt you, please don't walk away from me." She pleaded, tears coating her cheeks.

"No! It was you who walked away Dasha! I was only doing the things that you did!" She took a step again, but I step back.

"Freen please."

"Stop! Don't you dare touch me!" I yelled. I don't want her to touch me, her touch burn me. Her touch put me in pain. " Just go away Dasha! I'm doing okay! I was okay before you even think of coming back! Why did you comeback again!" Dasha remained silent as my sobs grew louder and louder.

I ran out of there like I am running away from death. I run as fast as I could not knowing where my feet would take me, not knowing where I should go. I just let my feet decide, until I reach the music room of the school. I fell on my knees as it grows weak from the running and from the exotic pain I felt that's piercing my heart. I felt suffocated.

I sob silently, tears after tears, muffled sobs trapped in my mouth as I cover it with my palms to suppress the sounds I may create. But it wasn't helpful since I drag attention from other people when the door open.

Standing up from the floor, I fixed myself wiping the tears in my back before saying. " I'm sorry I stumbled upon your office, I just wanna have a look at the instruments." I retorted finding a believable lie but the other party didn't say anything.

"Stop pretending that your okay Freen, it'll hurt more." Becca's voice elided. I turned my face seeing her standing near the door looking at me with pain in her eyes. Like she can read my emotions without being vocal to it. And before I could process what was happening, she already pulled me into a tight hug. A hug that meant the whole comfort to me, a hug I didn't knew I needed.

I let Becky arms be my solace for a while, for once I let her see how vulnerable I am and how I am still as broken as before. The only problem is I forget about the fact that I was cheated on before, but now everything is coming back pulling me back to the hellhole I use to surpassed

"It hurts—it hurt so much Becky." Tears streamed down my face as I nuzzled my head on Becky's neck. Her hands caressing my back. " I can't face her, it hurt so much. It hurts, my heart hurts."

I cried on Becky's embrace, on her arms, on her chest. I open my whole being to her, a different side she rarely see. A broken Freen, a different one from the dead face professor she use to complain about. " It hurts, it hurts so much."

Becky remained still, wrapping her arms securely around me whispering words of assurance in my ears.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay. Don't cry, I hate seeing you crying." She halted. " I don't care if your a dead face professor as long as you don't coat your cheeks with tears i'm fine with it. " She added. " Everything gonna be okay, don't cry." 

I press my face closer to Becky's neck, inhaling her vanilla scent, her natural scent trying to find comfort in all parts of her physical state. And I can't deny that she give me peace.

"Why is she suddenly back?" I asked. " Why did she came back? Why would she come back as if nothing has ever happened?" I whispered. Becky only sigh in response rubbing my back.

"I can't answer your questions Freen, I also don't know why Dasha came back and is also teaching when she's not even taking up teaching when she left. But all I know is that there are reasons why people come and go, and sometimes those reasons might also be the one that'll set us free. " She whispered back in my ear planting a soft kiss on top of my head.

And at that moment I realizes Becky is my peace.

Hey guys, this is my short update to tonight, i'll update again tomorrow if I have a free time and I hope you enjoy na ka.

:⁠-Petalpage