Chapter 18

Life teaches us lessons. May it be good or bad, every bit of life has the consequences of bittersweet sorrow afterwards. It's up to us to handle the lessons we received.

Life is a hard journey of survival, in world where life moves fast, we run faster so we aren't left behind. That's the sad coat of reality.

That's the same with love, life and love is a fixed system where all of us suffer, where all of us either win or lose, it's a lie if someone would say they haven't got their heart broken before but I don't have a say in that.

It was long due when Freen go back to their office, her sobs still lingered in my ears. Like a broken record trying to play on it's own over and over again. Her tears coated cheeks reddened as it trickles down the valleys of her puffy cheeks, down to her chin, then fall of soaking her white top shirt. Her face coated pain, and sadness.

I also go back to the room, the even is already finished, so there's no point in going back to the stadium anymore.  I went back to my exact same seat having whirlwinds of thoughts in the back of my mind, one with why Dasha came back and one wandering about how Freen is doing at this moment.

"Becky! I'm glad your already back! Damn you, your always so lucky Mr. Chankimha always allow you to be absent for a week without getting scolded! Oh to be one of the Chankimha's." Irin's high pitch voice consumed my ears when she sat right beside me pulling me in for a hug. " I missed you! Where did you go earlier? You freaking disappeared?"

I move back pulling back from her tight embrace. " Why didn't you even tell me Dasha is back?" I asked, my monotonous voice bounced back to the silent corners of the room.

"I was about to tell you a few days ago! But since there's a lot of things to do in the class it slipped my mind." She replied. " Why? Do she still have an effect on Freen? Do Freen still love her?"

I sighed. That's a hard question, I can't even get an answer to it when I don't even know myself. " I can say the total opposite of that."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"I bumped into Freen when I was about to go to the restroom. She was—crying. That's the very first time in four years I saw her cry again."

"What? Why? Did you two fight?"

"Of course no! I wouldn't pick a fight that will have her crying okay." I retort back.

"Is it because of Dasha?" I shrugged my shoulders. " I also wonder why that woman suddenly came back out of the blue after she cheated in your wife." 

"WHAT!" A loud voice both caught us off guard. My classmate barge into the room with unreadable expression in her face.

My eyes goes wide open as I snap a glance on Irin who also did the same. Gosh! I hope she didn't hear what Irin said.

"O-oh! I'm sorry! I was just annoyed with this movie i'm watching.  I didn't mean to startle both of you." She bowed walking towards her chair.

I glared at Irin and said. " Can you reduce addressing Freen as my wife in public? Someone might hear you." I whispered.

"Yeah fine fine i'm sorry." She replied.  "So what's with the Dasha thing? Do you have any idea why she came back?"

I shook my head. " I don't know, i'm also not prepared for this.  I don't wanna handle this things when I only get off from a week break." I replied.

As the classes started, I manage to get Freen out of my head to focus on the things and lessons I needed to catch up with after missing for the whole week and this topics are sure a lot of studying to do. The ring of the bell echoed in the entire rooms bouncing back to the hallways indicating that we are dismissed.