Chapter 24

"I'm married."

My heart hitched the moment Freen stopped in front of me. She didn't move a muscle, she just stand there and all I could do is bow down my head afraid to meet her gaze.

"What is she doing?" Irin promoted dodging my side but I remained still. I also don't know. Murmurs echoed in the expansion of the room, the deafening silence envelope the area making my nervousness increase.

She bent down. On her knees, her gaze fixated on me as the hairs of my skin rose up.

"What are you doing!" I whispered, enough for her to hear me but she only gaved me a beaming smile.

"Is this yours Ms. Armstrong?" She raised the pen on her hand bending down to get it. Now the whole classroom heave a sigh of relief knowing Freen didn't imply I am the person she is married to.

"Y-yes, t-that's mine Professor Chankimha." I snatched the one from her grasp putting it in my desk avoiding the gaze she give me. Irin smiled sheepishly, a smile she usually give when she is teasing me.

"Cool." Freen whispered walking out in front of me.

I stared at the back of her head wanting to smack her head out of that stunt she prompted. I almost lost my mind when she walked all the way to me when she announced to everyone that she is married.

The class resumed, but the intensity of the announcement she made still left a lingering hole in the whole class. They can't help but wonder who is the lucky person Freen married. 

As the bell rang, my classmates started gathering away their things as they exit from the room, Irin and I were the last ones to get out. But before we can even make our grand exit, Freen walked over to me with the same eyes she use to look at me when it's just the two of us.

"What can I do for you?" I asked, Irin look confused observing the interaction flying all over the air but I played it hard not to let her see how Freen's magnetic pull affect me.

"Follow me to my office." She demanded. Her hips swayed sexily when she turned her back away taking huge strides of hurry.

Irin looked at me skeptically, as if she was reading what's going in between me and freen. " You better tell me what's the real score between you and that wife of yours Armstrong. And when I say detail by detail, it means there should be nothing even words left out." She warned. "Now go to your wife and find out what you did wrong—AGAIN." Irin smirked, emphasizing the word again making my nervousness rose higher.

"I didn't do anything." I complained before I was push out of her way leading to the path to Freen's office.

She laughed. " See you in a few minutes." She whispered.

Stomping my feet on the floor, I made my way towards Freen's office for innumerable times not knowing why I am always called out to her office when I don't even do anything wrong. I heaved a deep sigh before twisting the knob of her door but a deafening silence welcomed me when I get in.

"That woman... She called me here but she's not even h—" I didn't finished what I was about to say when a hand wrapped around me from behind.

It was Freen.

Her scent invaded the passage of my airway, it makes me dizzy, all my head can ever get is Freen's sweet scent, arms wrapped around me and chin leaning into my shoulders. " I missed you wifey." She whispered on the crock of my neck sending goosebumps to my entire body.

"Freen, what are you doing someone might see us."  I prompted helding her hand away from my body but she snuggled unto me more.

"We're in my office, no one will see."  She replied peppering kisses on my jawline to my cheeks.