Chapter 7

The next day, Freen and Becky both boarded their plane with two luggage they pulled over. Becky was wearing her casual jeans and a tank top while Freen wear her baggy pants and hoodie on her upper body.

Both of them plastered different faces on the travel, one with a scowling aura unsure of what will happen to them when they arrive in their destination and one who's excited to see the cloud again. And that's Becky.

"Tell me why we are suddenly taking this vacation again?" Freen exclaimed approaching her mother who is busy fixing her sit.

"To give both of you breaks from all your busy schedules." She replied. "And oh, stop complaining Freen, you had a chance to complain once we were still buying the tickets but you didn't."

Freen groaned in response. To be honest she's also not sure on why she agreed to this vacation. She's a professor and she hate ditching her classes, and so does Becky.

"What?" She asked when she saw Becky's face sudden turning pale. " Your still scared of flying?" She asked again but Becky didn't answer. " Argh! So annoying!"

She rolled her eyes on Becky who is holding the armrest a little too tight like her life depended on it that didn't go unnoticed by Freen. So she took her hand intertwining their fingers together shocking Becky.

"Don't speak. I'm doing this to ease up your nervousness. There's no meaning behind it. " Yeah right. Becky exclaimed. She knew it didn't mean anything, but somehow it still give butterflies down her spine. A feeling she never felt before, not even when Freen touches her. What change?

Becky squeeze Freen's hand a little too tight making the older girl groan silently as Becky held her fingers too much tighter that she can even feel it crashing and when they already up in a stable air, she breathe in relief when Becky loosen her grip.

"I-i'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Becky apologize seeing Freen rubbing her hand gently. She even saw her hand mark on her knuckles making her slightly guilty.

"It's fine." Freen replied.

Both of them remained silent as they waited to get off the plane but the beautiful clouds never failed to amaze  Becky.

It was coated with red scattered in the valleys of the sky,  the radiant feeling of being surrounded with nature, with beautiful things, with beautiful sceneries made Becky fall in love. She didn't feel scared seeing the sky, of falling inlove with, she didn't have to be prudent on feeling the thousands of emotions she felt everytime she see the sky. She felt safe, she felt at ease.

"It's was beautiful right?" Freen's voice snapped Becky out of her trance making her avert her gaze on Freen but soon retreat it back seeing her face so close on her own.

"So beautiful." She whispered.

"But beautiful things always have endings." Freen whispered back making Becky tear off her gaze from the cloud.

"Everything always have endings Freen. Nothing is consistent, not even the things we once thought we would have for the rest of our lives." Becky replied.

"Not even the people we have?"

Becky looked at Freen for the first time without getting annoyed of her.

"Not even the people we have. " She replied. " There are reasons why we lose people, and sometimes it's better to lose people than have them when all they do is put us in pain."

"But sometimes the people who put us in pain are also the ones we needed the most." Freen replied. That's what her heart wanted her to reply. And she's just being true to herself. " Why do we lose them when all we wanted to do is for the best of them? To protect them?"

"Your protecting them from getting hurt by you without knowing you hurt yourself by them.  That's love Freen, but sometimes it kills." Becky replied. " Do you... Still love Dasha?" Becky asked. She knew it was all below the belt but she wanted to know, without knowing the exact reason. Her heart wanted to know.

"It never ever faded Becky. It was always there. Asleep."  When she heard those, Becky felt a little pang on her chest. Like it has been stabbed a couple times. Before Freen can see the sudden soreness in her face, she directly averted her gaze to the clouds to ease up her feelings.

"I wanna sleep." She retorted making Freen confuse about the sudden change of attitude but she didn't dare ask. She just let Becky do whatever she wants. And besides, she don't have to explain her side to Becky. It's her feelings and she has all the right to feel all of that.

:Hey guys, this is Petalpage... This will only be a short update for tonight. I hope you will still support me in this journey! And oh! I turned 19 today na ka! Hahaha I feel so old! Enjoy reading and bye bye for now susu na🤍

:⁠-Petalpage