Chapter 37

White walls, white ceilings, white blanket, and white pillows. That's all that Dasha could see, her eyes were covered with white things and furnitures in the four-cornered hospital room. Tubes were connected to her body sucking the remaining blood her heart could pump. Her once healthy body slowly weakened, her white milky skin turned pale, her veins visible on the thin skin covering it. It was tiring, that's what she felt.

She's been diagnosed with cervical cancer a few months back in LA. She was suffering with intense pain in her abdominal area reprimanding her to move efficiently as to how people normal does. She is tired of meeting all the tubes sucking her body, going home with swollen arms, and tired and frail figure. She just wanna be normal, like what she used to be before.

"Dash." Kade's voice make Dasha open her shut eyes. She smiled a little at her cousin at her cousin slowly lifting herself up to sit.

"Hey." She replied. " Why did you come back here? Are you not supposed to be in the company?" She inquired, Kade has always been her armor and her emotional support through the rough patches of her life. She is Dasha's safe place, and she cannot do anything without Kade by her side.

"I came back cause I heard no one is looking after you." She whispered planting a soft kiss atop of her head. "How are you feeling?

Dasha give her a nonchalant gaze before opening her mouth to speak. " Aside from being tired? I'm bored, all I wanna do is smell fresh air and look at the beautiful sceneries of Thailand than be stuck in this expansion for weeks."

Kade nodded, she understand where her cousin is coming from. She wanted to be normal again, someone who can go out without worrying about being a burden to everyone and to hassle everyone with her problem. " You will get out too soon... Just not now." She whispered rubbing the back of her palm.

As they both indulge to chats, the door swings open revealing Tee her long time friend from highschool which is also Freen's bestfriend. But not anymore.

"Heyy! Crocodile! How are you?" Tee greeted hugging Dasha not too tight to block her breathing, just enough to make her feel her presence.

"Im fine, but I really wanted to go home." She muttered beaming a soft smile that shows her dimpled cheeks.

"Aww. We'll be there soon but not for now." Tee replied.

"Hm... I just really wanted to get out of this prison and be as free as a bird." Dasha replied inching her hands out like a bird flying high.

//

"Freen!" Loverukk jog into Freen as she made her way to the school stadium, they are preparing for the Intramurals and today is the audition of who will be partaking to the pageant.

"What is it Professor Patrinitte?" She cooed, eyebrows perking in the thin lines of her forehead as Loverukk handed her the bottle of water.

"I brought you one bottle. I know we will be exhausted watching a lot of students who will audition." She replied, Freen only nodded in response before entering the stadium.  Upon their arrival, the students were in a chaotic mantra if chitchats that totally died down when Freen step into the same ground they are in. Then dead silence enveloped the area.

The audition started, Freen look boredly at all the auditioners looking like she badly wanted to jump out of the stadium go back home and tuck herself up into the covers. Her gazed remained on her phone until a particular voice suddenly caught her attention.