Chapter 41

"Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, my wife."

There was a loud unwavering deafening silence. The quietness speaks volumes of unspoken intensity.  The stadium and the students seems to pause. Their eyes lingered upon where I was seated so I duck a little lower to conceal myself. Upon lowering my body, Freen get down from the stage and started looking for me. The students remained still as some eyes behind me were like predators watching their prey, my hands get clammy, my heart beats abnormally like i'm having a heart attack. And the silence is not helping.

"Is she here?" Freen's high pitched voice inquired and murmurs start lingering again. All of them started looking for me and all I could do is cover myself.  I wanted Freen to shout to the world that I am her wife, but this in front of everyone is making my knees go weak. I don't wanna be he center of attention.

"She's in the middle row, she's with her friend!" One of her students yelled making me palm my face heaving a deep sigh.

"Dang girl! Why are you hiding? Your super lucky stop hiding from your wife." The girl in front of me affirmed, I propose she was from the med department regarding to what she I wearing.

I was at a pause of the moment and the time when Freen suddenly grabbed my hand pulling me up as my eyes behold embarrassment and uncertainty, yet Freen's gaze made if disappear.

"Why? What's wrong?" She inquired probably noticing the hesitation in my eyes. I held her hand tighter as if she's gonna disappear any moment before walking hand in hand with her, my head hung low.

"I want you to shout to the world that I am yours but not like this. This is too much audience Freen. I can't take this." I complained. She tightened her hold against me whispering assuring words on my ears that take my nervousness somehow. But at some point when we reached the stage and when I come face to face with thousands of faces... My heart rate dropped and my skin turned pale grey.

"Everyone... I want you to meet the love of my life, my pillar, my enemy, my lover... My wife." Freen paused in every word rolling out of her tongue, her brown orbs never cease to meet mine as if she wanted me to imprint all those word in my head. " Rebecca Patricia Armstrong Chankimha. My beloved." She held me by the waist, securing and telling and indirect confession that I belong to her.  " Say something." She whispered.

I gripped her collar, my face coated with red color as I face the audience then back to her. " I'm shy." I retorted earning a giggle and some comments saying 'cute'. Freen then removed the mic from my lips as she suddenly lowered down unto her knees making me look at her nervously.

"What are you doing? Freen, get up." I lift her shoulders but she got other plans, instead, she prompted both of her knees more into the ground, her right hand holding the mic, her left hand hold bouquet of white roses that I don't know when appeared since she wasn't holding anything aside from the mic earlier.

"Becky." Just by hearing her horse voice send shivers down to the depths of my flesh and soul. Her piercing eyes look so captivating, so innocent, so powerful. " I've never done this before but for you I will."

"JUST FREAKING TAKE HER BECKY!" I saw Irin and some other girls yell together making my face heat up more. The students squeal as they notice this soft side of Freen, but at the end of the stage sits Loverukk with a pained expression, like she has been betrayed, but I couldn't care less, this is my moment. I won't let her reaction ruin my emotions.

"Babe... I may not be the best wife, thee best cook, the best professor, the best comforter, the best of everything, but I am trying my best to be better, to be better suited for you, to deserve you. I've been working hard to prove to everyone that Freen deserve Becky. And I want you to play part on that wish. I know I was never a good wife from the start, I didn't take care of you physically, never showed you that I care. But now I am here, not expecting that I would be falling inlove with you, not seeing myself bowing unto your feet but here I am now. On my knees with a mic and my wishes, my maybe's and my soon and this. " Freen pulled something from her trousers, a box. A red box. She opened it and there lied a diamond Sapphire ring with a burning vivid fire in it's center. "  I give you this Becky, as a sign of my burning love for you that will never be altered by anyone and anything in this universe. I would do anything for you, trade anything for you, and be anything for you, only if you give me a chance and paint the sky blue together with me."

Tears escape my eyes, my cheeks flushed red and my hands were shaking as I hear Freen's statement. " Freen."

"Will you marry me again Becky? Accept this ring and marry me again." At that point I was wondering if she was asking me or demanding me cuz both of those statements possess different tones. But I disregard it. The students chatted for me to say yes, they were cheering for Freen's acceptance and I can't do anything but just nod my head yes. "Yes?" She asked.

"Yes." Freen swirl me around the stage the moment she got back from her feet. Her arms wrapped securely in my wait as we both swayed with the rhythm of our beating hearts.

"Thank you so much baby! I love you! I love you!" She repeated kissing my forehead.

"KISS! KISS!KISS!" The whole audience chant.  I waved my hand to say no because there are a lot of people and the faculties were watching us.

"Don't you want to kiss me?" Freen asked, her lips turned into a cut pout that I started loving.

"There are a lot of people, i'm shy—" Freen crashed her lips unto mine colliding out mouths in a genuine soft kiss. No tongue, no salivas, no deepening of the mouth, just pure in innocence and love.  The whole school squeal when we both pulled away, then Freen fixed my smudged lipstick as I did the same with hers.

"I love you." She affirmed planting a peck on my lips and a kiss on my temple while her left hand rested on my waist and the other cups my cheek.

"I love you more." I replied giving her the same intensity of the words I announced.  She then connected our foreheads together.

"Your are mine Becky... Mine." Freen declared looking deeply in my brown orbs.

I bumped her nose with mine before smiling widely at her and said. " Always yours." Everyone cheered for me and Freen, they were happy and the shocked they once felt earlier seems to vanished.

But unbeknownst to Freen and Becky, a woman lurking around the stadium blending in with the students gritted her teeth watching as the two living life at their best. She clenched her jaw, her knuckles tightened as it turns grey.

"Enjoy your fairytale for now Rebecca Armstrong, tomorrow you will be in the painful wrath of the enemy."

:⁠-Short update, needed to rest.