Chapter 15

The compartments of the plane shake as we fly over cumulous clouds making each sits inside shake as response of the sudden movement.  We were flying back home, Thailand, it's been a week since I ditched over my education to go to this break in Hawaii and I cannot deny the surge of excitement I felt knowing I am finally going home.

Freen on the other hand remained silent and behave beside me. Her head resting on my shoulders as she take deep breaths of slumber and peace. I adjusted my shoulders so she won't sprain her neck moving little by little afraid to wake her beauty sleep. And when I successfully did, I sighed in satisfaction. She look so pretty, her chubby cheeks puffing in as it make contact with my shoulders making me wanna pinch her, but that would be rude. 

She's so calm and breathing in peace. It's the only time I see her relaxing, not working over things I don't even understand. "Stop staring at me." She covered her face with my hand making me chuckle.

"Your too assuming, no one's staring at you."  I retort back suppressing the smile trying to escape my lips. I don't know why but everytime Freen is close to me making contact with me skin to skin makes me feel butterflies. Like I have a whole damn zoo inside my stomach that I can't stop and cannot control.

"Liar." Her hot breath fanning my neck sending goosebumps to my whole body.

Freen adjusted herself on my shoulder lifting her body a little to label with my shoulders snuggling her face on my neck. Damn it Sarocha. I tried not looking so stiff around her trying my best to look for something to be busy with but Freen. Zoning my eyes around the plane, one thing caught my attention.

Freen's hand. She was wearing our ring. It looks magnificently good in her fingers. I beamed a smile, it's only the wedding day that Freen and I wore our ring or only if our relatives and families pay a visit. And she mostly don't wear it, it's usually me because she always can make a good excuse on why she wants wearing it.

Flashback

Everyone would be dizzy and be annoyed with me walking back and forth in the kitchen trying to give my parents and my in-laws the best meal they could have in their stay here in our house, on the other hand Freen was busy entertaining them in the living room as I prepare for the food.

As I was busy with the foods, I didn't notice the presence who suddenly showed up behind my back crossing her arms on her chest. " Where's your ring?" She asked, her voice is cold as usual.

"I left it in my closet, why?"

"Why aren't you wearing it?"  I shifted my gaze from the food to her before creasing my forehead.

" Why are you suddenly asking me why I didn't wear it when I don't even wear it after the wedding?" I asked back but she only gaved me a sharp look making me feel intimidated by her stare.

" Is that how you answer a question? By answering it with another question?" She retorted, her face plastered irritation. " I'm taking the ring, wear it since our parents are around."  Her faint footsteps elided the hallways as she walked away from me taking the ring in my closet.

When she came back, the food is already served in the table, our parents were eating happily by the homemade meals I cooked. " Can I borrow my wife for a while mom? I have to give her something." She announced taking me by the hand leading me to the kitchen before slowly taking out the ring on the box where it was preserved. " Here. Don't take it off while their here or they might wonder why both of us didn't wear it." She explained slipping the ring in my left finger.

She look at me straight in the eye and I was trying my best not to fall on my knees in front of her. But before she could see right through me, I detached myself from her avoiding eye contact the best I can.  Y-your not wearing yours."