Chapter 39: Xie Wei touched Gu Huaiyu's face soothingly.

Gu Huaiyu nestled on Xie Wei, his face flushed, sweat dripping heavily, and he looked delirious.

"Huai Yu?" Su Jianbei's expression changed, and he blocked Xie Wei's path with cold eyes, "Who are you?"

Xie Wei hugged Gu Huaiyu, strode away from Su Jianbei, and walked towards the safe passage.

Su Jianbei reacted quickly, grabbed Xie Wei's shoulders and warned: "Put him down."

While they were confronting each other, there was a faint movement from the bathroom, and Yan Mingjue crawled out with his hands on his abdomen, a look of obvious panic on his face.

His mouth was full of blood, his expression was painful, and he called for help intermittently, "Call...an ambulance."

Seeing Yan Mingjue's appearance and Gu Huaiyu with an abnormal blush, Su Jianbei immediately guessed what happened.

He ignored Yan Mingjue's cry for help and looked at Xie Wei with a softened expression, "Give me the person. I am not the same as that person. The person in your arms is my friend."

As he spoke, Su Jianbei reached out to take Gu Huaiyu from Xie Wei's arms.

Xie Wei turned sideways to avoid Su Jianbei, his eyes followed him, it was biting and cold, "Get out of the way."

Su Jianbei paused slightly, frowned and looked at Xie Wei, "Where are you taking him?"

Xie Wei's side face was as cold and tense as a sculpture. He hugged the person in his arms tightly, as if he was too lazy to say another word, bumped Su Jianbei away again, and stepped into the stairwell.

Zhao Chenyang came back from the phone call and happened to see this scene. There was Yan Mingjue lying on the other side of the corridor asking for help. His temples jumped suddenly.

It's only been a while, what happened?

Zhao Chenyang took two hurried steps first and saw a stranger trying to take Gu Huaiyu away. He changed from walking to running and followed him into the stairwell.

Su Jianbei seemed to have had an argument with the stranger. When Zhao Chenyang opened the door and went in, Su Jianbei had a cut on the corner of his mouth and the hair on his forehead was scattered.

Zhao Chenyang held down Su Jianbei who was about to chase him, and said in a deep and stern voice, "Don't you know your identity?"

Su Jianbei was stunned for a moment, then seemed to wake up and stayed in place without moving.

"You stay here to deal with Yan Mingjue, and I'll go take a look." Zhao Chenyang hurriedly said these words and hurried down the stairs.

Su Jianbei listened to Zhao Chenyang's footsteps going downstairs, his cold eyes that were always calm and gloomy.

He grabbed the handrail of the stairs, his fingertips turning green and white.

After a while, Su Jianbei put up his hair, wiped the blood from his mouth, and opened the door to the stairs.

There are two restrooms in the banquet hall. This location is slightly away, so there are very few people coming.

Yan Ming felt that his tongue was sore and numb, his voice was hoarse, and he couldn't produce a loud volume. He couldn't attract anyone to him. He could only take out his mobile phone from his pocket with trembling hands and dial the emergency number himself.

Just after the call was broadcast, before the number was dialed out, a shadow fell over the head.

Looking at the customized black leather shoes parked in front of him, Yan Mingjue couldn't help but raise his head.