Chapter 53: How could I not like you? ( Shang yan's Crematorium)

Gu Huaiyu stared at the ceiling with his head dazed. He had no desire to eat now, even if his stomach had started to cramp and throb, he didn't want to eat anything.

From last night to this afternoon, Gu Huaiyu only chewed some noodles and didn't even drink any water.

Gu Huaiyu closed his eyes tiredly, and in his daze he had a strange and terrifying dream.

In the dream, when he was only a few years old, he was locked up in a small, dark room by his adoptive father, a scumbag from the fourth world. In the dark corner, there was the sound of rats gnawing on sawdust.

The voice was very close to him, and Gu Huaiyu slapped the door hard in fear. After a long time, the door finally opened.

The man with bloodshot eyes and unshaven beard glared at him angrily, and spoke with a strong smell of alcohol, "You little bastard, why are you making such a fuss? I can't sleep because of the noise."

Gu Huaiyu was pulled up by his collar, his face turned red from holding back, and the frightened Gu Huaiyu grabbed and kicked the man.

The man covered half of his face with bloodstains, his expression became more ferocious, and he pulled away the belt hanging on the side.

Gu Huaiyu struggled hard and dug his hands into the man's eyes.

The other person yelled in pain, and then threw him out hard.

Gu Huaiyu hit the wall and was so painful that he couldn't move for a long time. Just as the man's belt was about to be thrown over, a hand grabbed his dark arm from behind.

The whip did not come down for a long time, and Gu Huaiyu raised his head.

The sunlight pierced his eyelids, and his vision became dark, so he couldn't see the person's face clearly.

When Gu Huaiyu adapted to the light outside and the other person's face gradually became clear, the door creaked, waking up Gu Huaiyu who was in a light sleep.

He opened his eyelids with difficulty, and saw a person standing at the door of the room. His facial features were blurred and indistinguishable. Gu Huaiyu's heart was beating very fast. As soon as he said the word 'thank you', his vision returned to clarity.

After seeing the other person's appearance clearly, Gu Huaiyu's expression went blank, showing obvious disappointment, and he closed his eyes again.

The sound of footsteps approached and someone stopped beside the bed, but Gu Huaiyu ignored him.

The other party reached out and touched Gu Huaiyu's forehead and said, "You have a fever."

Gu Huaiyu waved his hand away and turned his back to him without any desire to talk.

The man stood there and looked at him for a while, then glanced around.

On the table I saw a small half-pack of noodles, a box of takeaway seafood that had not yet been put away, two old cups with no water in them, and a kettle in the corner that was also empty.

His heroic brows furrowed. It was hard to imagine that Gu Huaiyu would be willing to spend the night in such a house.

The man left after a while. Gu Huaiyu didn't care whether he stayed or left, and didn't even look at him.

He might really have a fever, he was top-heavy, and the dizziness would get worse every time he closed his eyes. Gu Huaiyu covered himself tightly with the quilt.

I don't know how long it took, but something was placed on his forehead. It was cold and comfortable, and someone called his name.

Gu Huaiyu opened his eyes in a daze, and what he saw was still Shang Yan's handsome and calm face.