Chapter 45: Meet parents

Gu Huaiyu seemed not to have expected Fu Wen to appear here, his throat rolled, "Brother, why are you here?"

Looking at Gu Huaiyu who was wearing ill-fitting pajamas, Fu Wen's face turned slightly gloomy and his voice was quite calm.

"I went to pick you up in the suburbs and found that you and your friends were not at home. Later I learned from the driver that you took some daily necessities to Zixin Garden yesterday, so I came over to take a look."

Gu Huaiyu explained, "Xiao Xie has hypothermia. The doctor asked him to keep warm. There is no heating where he lives now, so I invited him to stay here for a few days."

Looking at Gu Huaiyu's innocent face, Fu Wen suppressed the anger in his heart and said, "It's getting late, follow me home."

He finished speaking coldly, as if he didn't want to stay here any longer, and turned around and walked out.

Xie Wei said, "He wants to stay here tonight."

Hearing this, Fu Wen paused slightly, but ignored Xie Wei. He turned to Gu Huaiyu and said, "Go change into your pajamas."

Gu Huaiyu's feet seemed to be frozen in place, looking at Fu Wen without moving.

Fu Wen frowned almost imperceptibly.

Xie Wei stood between Gu Huaiyu and Fu Wen, "He doesn't want to leave."

Fu Wen said forcefully to Gu Huaiyu, "Go back with me."

Xie Wei pressed Gu Huaiyu's hand and said, "You didn't even ask him about his wishes?"

Fu Wen looked at Xie Wei, the gentleness on his face faded away, revealing a hint of the arrogance of a superior, "You can't even guarantee a stable life. Why don't you talk to me about your wishes?"

Freedom is based on abundance. What dreams and pursuits can a person who has just enough food and clothing talk about?

"Brother?" Gu Huaiyu looked at Fu Wen in shock, as if he didn't agree with him treating his friend like this.

Fu Wen's eyes became even colder. He looked at Gu Huaiyu solemnly and put pressure on him, "Are you leaving?"

Gu Huaiyu's eyelashes trembled. When Xie Wei spoke, he shook his head at Xie Wei, lowered his head and said softly, "I'm going back today."

Xie Wei glanced at Gu Huaiyu and said nothing in the end.

Although Gu Huaiyu's performances were always very realistic, Xie Wei was able to see through the surface and see his true intentions. He saw that he really wanted to leave, so he didn't stop him.

Gu Huaiyu went back to his room, changed his clothes, and left Zixin Garden with Fu Wen.

-

On the way back, the atmosphere in the carriage was very bad. Neither Gu Huaiyu nor Fu Wen spoke.

The royal blue Cayenne drives quietly on the busy lanes of the city.

Gu Huaiyu sat in the passenger seat, looking sideways at the fleeting scenery outside the window. The lights on the roadside reflected on his face, casting a half-bright light and shadow.

Fu Wen glanced at Gu Huaiyu from the rearview mirror in the car. After a few seconds, he looked away and continued driving while looking at the road ahead.

Five minutes later, the car stopped at a red light intersection, and Fu Wen's fingers silently tapped on the steering wheel.

The numbers next to the indicator light in front decreased slowly and regularly, 45, 44, 44...