Chapter 21-30

Chapter 21: Crying, making trouble, and hanging himself

Chen Jianjun said nothing and glanced at his brother Chen Jianguo beside him. These two men, who had a family, didn't know what else to do besides being silent at this moment.

What can they say? How to say?

The intention of the mother and the eldest sister was to take away all the valuable things in the house and compensate the other party in exchange for understanding and giving Li Daqing a lighter sentence.

So in this current era, what can you get that is valuable? Isn't it just those grains?

Why is food valuable? Because food is really life!

This is already the third year. Not to mention the entire Donggou Village, even in this small Huangzitun, several people, both adults and children, have starved to death.

This food really couldn't be taken out, but facing their mother's eyes, they really didn't dare to say 'no'.

The silence continued, and they all looked at Chen Jizhong in unison.

Chen Jizhong took the paper box next to him, twisted out the dried wild tobacco leaves from the inside, crushed them into small pieces and stuffed them into the pot. Not willing to use a match, he went down to the outhouse and leaned over to light the fire with the ashes in the stove pit. Then he got on the kang again and started smoking. Soon, the smoke hung over everyone's heads in the east room like a sad cloud.

The whole family's eyes seemed to be focused on him. Humph, he was really too lazy to think about these things. These nonsense things were really annoying. Can't he be allowed to eat in peace?

The sky is huge and the food is the biggest, so let him use all the food to save his son-in-law? That's impossible, even if it's my daughter who goes in today, that's impossible.

"Daqing's matter is his parents' matter. Dani has already given birth to a son and a daughter for him, and she is worthy of his family. Please wish yourself well in the future."

Chen Mo raised his eyebrows. This old man actually expressed his position so clearly today? In her past life memory, this old man only cared about having enough food for himself. He was invisible about everything and never expressed his opinion easily. He doesn't seem to be a bad person, but he turns a blind eye to the suffering of his children and grandchildren, has an extremely cold temperament, and has no sense of responsibility.

Chen Mo was a little surprised that he expressed his clear attitude so quickly this time, but when she thought about it carefully, she understood that this was an issue involving food at home, and he was too afraid of starving himself.

As soon as Chen Jizhong finished speaking, Mrs. Chen and Chen Dani immediately started wailing together.

It has to be said that the mother and daughter were crying in exactly the same way. Within half a minute, Chen Mo felt his head hurt.

"Master, what do you mean by this? Then leave Dani alone? What will Dani do in the future? What if Daqing is sentenced to twenty years, will you let Dani take care of these two children by herself?"

"Mom! Why is my life so miserable!"

Facing the cries of the two women, Chen Jizhong turned his body around and smoked harder.