Chapter 691-700

Chapter 691 Return to Beijing to recuperate

Jincheng shook his head, "No, I didn't wake up directly. Next, I felt like I was weightless, floating in nothingness. I still couldn't open my eyes, and I felt like the cool wind was blowing around me, which was very comfortable. . I don’t know how long I floated, but when I could open my eyes, I saw myself lying on the hospital bed, your little head leaning on my hand, crying."

Chen Mo's eyes widened in surprise. It turns out that the automatic medical system can cause people to have such hallucinations when treating people. The weightlessness and cool breeze she talked about, and other things such as memories moving toward a beam of light, are what happens when people are about to die. In her last life, she was killed by that scumbag Wang Zhong, and she also had such an experience before she died.

"Amazing, huh?"

Chen Mo nodded vigorously.

"These days, every time I recall it, I am more certain that I was going to die at that time, or in fact, I was already dead, because I did not break away from the light. I felt that there was a force, so I forced myself to I can’t say what it is that brings life back from death, and whether it exists or not.”

"Second brother, I think it is your own willpower that has won you a glimmer of life."

Shao Jincheng smiled and rubbed Chen Mo's hair, "Maybe, because I'm worried about you. I imagine you crying, and I feel so distressed that I feel like I can't die."

"Second brother, you only told this detail after so long."

"I don't dare to tell the old man. I'm afraid that after the old man finds out, he will think about this every day. In the future, he may not even let me drive the car, or even let me get out of the door."

Chen Mo dragged his cheeks and thought for a moment, "Yes, that might really happen." What the old man fears most is nothing more than a white-haired person giving a black-haired person a gift.

If Grandpa Shao knew that his second brother had been so close to death, how could he, an old man, not be afraid? Even if his grandson is standing in front of him in good health, he can't help thinking about the near-death moment that his grandson encountered. In the future, if he is frightened, he will follow the old man like a shadow, so the second brother made the right choice not to tell Grandpa Shao.

While the two were talking, the newly hired nanny came in with tea, snacks, and fruit plates.

"Jincheng, Momo, the chief asked me to bring you some food."

"Thank you, Auntie." Chen Mo stood up and took the things.

"Jincheng, Momo, please give me all the clothes you two brought back from Shanghai. I just went to ask the chief for them, and we will wash them together later."

Chen Mo picked up Shao Jincheng's gift bag of clothes, "This is Jincheng's. I don't need my auntie. I can wash it myself after I get home in the evening."

"Momo, if you don't need it, just give it to me and I'll rub it clean together."

"It's really not necessary, Auntie. We just came back, and you and Aunt Wang Fang are very busy, so I really don't need it."