An unexpected answer (W.M)

"Hey Ethan?" Wanda said as they were driving home from a family outing.

"Yeah babe, what's up?" Ethan replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

Wanda paused for a moment before asking, "If anything were to ever happen to me, I want you to promise me that you'll move on and find someone else."

Ethan quickly glanced over at her with a furrowed brow. "Uh, okay? I guess if that's what you want, sure."

Wanda's eyes widened in shock. "Wow, that was fast."
Ethan laughed. "Honey, I just want you to be happy. If for some crazy reason that's your wish, then I'll respect it."

"But I don't actually want you to move on!" Wanda huffed, crossing her arms. "I was hoping you'd say something romantic like 'I could never love anyone else' or 'You're my one and only.'"

Ethan shrugged. "Well, You are my one and only."

"Ugh, men," Wanda groaned. "Okay, fine. If I did sadly perish and you did disrespectfully decide to move on, who would repl—

"Jean," Ethan replied without missing a beat.

Wanda whipped her head around so fast. "Jean?! Jean Grey? Why on earth would you pick her?"

"Well, she's smart, organized, the kids love her," Ethan listened. "Plus she is more like you and a very good cook.

"Unbelievable!" Wanda threw her hands up. "First you so easily agreed to replace me, and now you've picked out my replacement already!"

In the backseat, their three sons Luke, Nathan, and Damien had been listening in on the conversation. Luke leaned forward with a confused look.

"Are you two talking about Auntie Jean? The one that helps with our homework sometimes?" the boy asked.

Ethan twisted around with a smile. "Yes, son, that's the one. Your mom thinks I'd remarry Auntie Jean if anything happened to her."

"Well, Auntie Jean is pretty amazing," Luke said with an approving nod. "She makes the best snickerdoodle cookies."

"See?!" Wanda threw her hands up again. "Even my own son is taking your side on this!"

"I'm not taking anyone's side, mom," Luke said. "I'm just saying Auntie Jean is really nice."

"Yeah, well she better not get any ideas about moving in on my territory," Wanda grumbled.

Ethan laughed and shook his head. "Calm down, dear. If some were to happen to m—-"

" Oh, something will happen to you alright." Wanda cuts him off as her eyes turn slightly red. Ethan just stays silent as he just stares in the road knowing he will not be sleeping in the bedroom tonight or perhaps be at the hospital.