Only time will tell (W.M)

Requested by @HarrperandPepper

Ethan POV

I just sat there staring at the ring I gave to Wanda, She was my Fiancée..use to be. If only I can go back and stop myself, There's no excuse for what I did. I picked up the ring as I put it in my pocket. I drank my last bottle as I got up and went outside.

The day wasn't so great it was cold and it was raining. I don't know how long I was walking but I found myself at her apartment. I want to talk her but I'm too afraid to face her.

Every time when I get close to her door I just go back, I'm such a coward. I walk away for a moment and just walk around.

I noticed a familiar car approaching as I quickly hid behind a tree. It was Nat with Wanda at the passenger seat. Wanda got out of the car looking distressed as Nat followed Wanda to her apartment. Seeing her again made me feel happy but that quickly snaps away.

Hate seeing her like this, I muster the courage as I went towards her apartment and knocked. I took a heavy breath as I heard someone coming towards the door. As the door open, Nat eyes widened as she glares at me.

" What are you doing here?" Nat hissed as she was ready to close the door at me. " I just want to talk to her Nat, please." I look at Nat with pleading eyes as she just scoffs. "You do know she doesn't want to talk you and you really came at a really wrong time to do so, I suggest you to leave." Nat reaches for the door handle, as I quickly step forward stopping Nat from closing it.

"Ethan don't test me, Leave." Nat warned as I stood firmly eyeing Nat that I won't leave. As Nat was about to say something I heard Wanda from behind. Nat looked at me sternly as she moves herself away.

Seeing Wanda in front of me for the last 3 weeks, I just stood there as silence filled the room. I have now got the chance to talk to her but here I was not saying a single word. Wanda wasn't having it as she came towards me.

" Why are you here, didn't I tell you that I don't want to see you again"

I nodded but I slowly reached for her hand as she moves away. " Wanda, I know I hurt you but I really do love you. My love to you was genuine. There's no excuse for what I did. So plea—"

Wanda cut me off as she scoffs and begins to tear up.
" Do you truly think that I would just forgive you just like that. Ethan it was your choice..you decided to sleep with Emma. It was you who decided to throw everything away, so just go home." Wanda pushes me as she reaches for the door handle, her hand trembling as she tries to close it.

"Please Wanda, I'm not expecting you to forgive me easily. I don't want to lose you, I know I hurt you but I can't bear the thought of losing you completely!" Wanda stops as she reveals herself with anger in her eyes. " You can't bear to lose me? Then tell me why you did it! Tell me Ethan."

" I-I" I stuttered trying to form sentences but Wanda just scoffs. "Was I not enough for you? Was I not just good enough?"Wanda mumbles as she tries to hold her tears from not breaking. " Of course you are! You always been."

" Then why! Why did you do it." Wanda breaks as she stares at me sternly. At that moment I didn't have a proper answer, I did it because I wanted to? There's no good explanation why I did it there's only faults and choices that I made.

"I was caught by the moment, It was my lust and there's no excuse. I made the choice I knew the consequences ...I just thought that I wouldn't had been caught. When I did it I felt dirty and I couldn't take it back. I wanted to tell you but I was scared and ashamed but someone did...and it wasn't the best way to know...Wanda I truly love you there's no other woman that can make my heart flutter. I don't want to lose you..so please give me another chance and I promise that I would do the absolute everything to make it right. You don't have to forgive me right away but I'm asking you for a chance." My voice cracked as my eyes gleamed for hope.

Wanda stood there not knowing what to say, as she soften her gaze but then revert back. " Wanda you can't be in distress, It's bad for your pregnancy." Nat chimed as she hold Wanda shoulder. Hearing this I was shocked, is this why she was distress earlier. I tried to process this, I looked at Wanda as she avoid my gaze.
Nat glance at me as she let go of Wanda and walks towards me. " I wish I can kick your ass, but Wanda needs you as much as I hate what you did. I will leave you guys to settle this." Nat again goes back to Wanda as she bids her goodbye and hugs her as she whispers something to her. Wanda makes a soft smile as she thanks Nat.

" Were you going to tell me that you are...pregnant." I broke the silence as Wanda sigh. "I wasn't trying to hide it, I wanted to tell you but that was when you cheated me." Wanda said softly as she looks down, I didn't say anything because there's nothing for me to say. I'm a scumbag, I walk towards her as she looks up. I hug her as I let a small cry as I began to curse myself for not being there for her and for hurting her. I wasn't Expecting Wanda to hug me back I don't deserve it. Surprisingly she hugs me back as I clench to her.

" This doesn't mean I forgive you..I was going to tell you about my pregnancy but it wasn't the right time. I'm still angry and it will take time." Wanda said as she caressed my cheek and then moves away. " I will do my best to help you and I will make sure that you have everything." I declared. I wanted to hug her again but that was too soon so I just made a small smile as she returns as she follows behind me. We plan to keep regular contact, I have to work myself for her to trust me again and maybe for her to give me another chance.
As I left I glance at Wanda one more time but she has already closed her door of her apartment. I punch myself as I declared that I will make Wanda to forgive me and I will do anything to make her fall in love with me again.
———-
As Wanda stood behind her door and later goes to her room. She lay on her bed exhausted as she saw a small picture frame from her drawer that was slightly open. She got the picture out, it was her and Ethan on the beach when he proposed. Wanda made a small smile as she put the picture frame on her desk gazing at it. She knows that she loves Ethan but she needs for him to work and earn her trust back.

only time will tell