Act 1; Yamaguchi, You're late.

I can't be late on the first day of class. I can't afford it.

The 14 year old slipped on her black and white sneakers, shortly before running into the kitchen, throwing in two pieces of bread into her toaster. She anxiously waited for the toast to hop out.

She impatiently wanted to hear that sound.

As soon as it had finished, she threw the toast into a container and stashed it away in her bag. The girl then put on a raincoat, zipping it only halfway, before checking the time on her phone. 8:09 am

She stuffed her phone in her pocket and sprinted out the door, shutting it from behind. It was pouring rain, so she had obviously opened the umbrella she grabbed before heading out.

Almost to school grounds, the girl sprinted faster, for her class started soon, before bumping into something, causing her to fall back and slip. "My bag-" She stated, realizing she had dropped her umbrella. As she became soaking wet, she picked up her notebooks, wet from dropping into a puddle. The young girl rubbed her head with the palm of her hand, for she also had hit it when she collided with the object.

I'm so stupid. I ran into a pole-

"Ow..."

She looked over her shoulder to see a male about her age also on the floor, rubbing his head. Her eyes widened, as she picked up his books. "I-I'm so sorry!" She bowed, handing his things to him. He took the objects from her, shortly after his cheeks dusted light pink. "I-It was my fault-" He bowed before grabbing the remaining note books up.

The girl then picked up his umbrella and put it over his head. "You're getting all wet..." She stated then, giving the male his umbrella.

She had stood there for a good 30 seconds before her eyes had widened, with realisation. "Ah- I'm getting late!" She said, immediately storming off after, leaving the boy astonished. He looked over his shoulders at the moving object behind him, only to see another umbrella swaying back and forth.

You're the one getting all wet.

--

The school bells rang, and Yamaguchi made it in on time. He sighed out of relief. "Yamaguchi, you're late."

"Sorry Tsukki~" The freckled boy sat down in his seat, only to find his math notes wet. "Sit down class. Today we are having a transfer student who moved here from North America. Please welcome them into class 1-4." The teacher stated, before moving aside, indicating for someone to come in.

A girl walked in, all soaked with rain water and wearing a coat, making her look very unorganized. She then picked up a piece of chalk and wrote her name on the board, putting the chalk back down. "H-Hello..." She shyly spoke out. "My n-name is Yoshida Ren. I-If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me." Ren then bowed, giving a heart warming smile. Her dark brown, almost black hair was tied into a messy bun, soaked, and a strand of her bangs fell over her right eye. And in one swift movement, she put it behind her ear. Yamaguchi stood up, pointing at her, "you're that girl from the morning!" Ren looked up, putting her hand on her chin.

"Now that you mention it-"

"Now, Yoshida-san, you can take a seat between Tsukishima-san and Yamaguchi-san." The teacher said, pointing towards the desk next to an almost intimidating blonde, and a freckled boy. "Y-yeah..." She smiled, taking her seat next to the two boys, pulling a soaked notebook out shortly after.

"Yoshida...san?" She looked to her right. "Um-"

"Yamaguchi Tadashi,"

"Nice to m-meet you... Yamaguchi-san." Ren smiled, hiding her wet notebook between her legs, so nobody would see. Yamaguchi immediately noticed and chuckled, "you can have one of mine." He reached into his desk, and pulled out a notebook with a black and white polka-dotted pattern on the cover. Ren took it from him, and smiled. "Th-thank you, Yamaguchi-san!"