Act 10; Hit a nice serve, Hinata

"Eh?! We're just rotating?" The first year ginger loudly asked, not believing in what he had heard. "As well as the setters," Ukai, the volleyball club's current coach started advising the team on what to do and where to go. "They won't be rotating at all." The team stood quiet, either out of shock, or they had waited for their coach for further instructions.

"Is there a reason for this? Should I write it down then?" The clubs adviser questioned intently, taking out his book to jot notes down. "Not really," Ukai stated right before looking up at Kageyama and Sugawara. "I'd like to see how well you all do in other positions. For example, Yoshida."

--

"I'm sorry." Ren sat up straight, looking downwards, thoughts going awry due to events of her past.

"Ren, you should try harder."

The female first year then clenched the top of her uniform. Her gaze averted to Yamaguchi, who had held his hand out to her. Ren took hold, before she softly thanked him. She then watched the score board reset to 0.

We lost the first set; because of me...

"Yoshida-san?" The freckled first year called, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Y-yes?"

"Don't mind, we'll win the second set." Those words brightened her mood. She had thought that her team mates lost faith in her. "Not just the set!" Hinata opened his mouth to refuse, "the entire game!"

He fired himself up, making Kageyama nod to his statement. "Guys..." Ren smiled, loosening her grip. "And after that, Yoshida-kun will teach us how to spike and serve and block and-" The setter of their team smacked Hinata's head, "that's enough."

Ren chuckled, as the short figure rubbed his head, throwing insults at his team mate. She then jogged over to Tsukishima, who had been resting with his friend. "Tsukishima-kun?" The 14 year old exclaimed to her taller classmate. He then looked at her, "what is it?"

"I'll get it next time!" She took a quick bow, before the blonde had something to say. "Was that supposed to boost up my morale or something?" Ren's face turned hot, as she covered it up by crouching down and fixing her shoelaces. "Not really."

She could tell that he was annoyed by the fact that he didn't receive the ball properly, and that he had to rely on people to help him with it. "Do what you like." Tsukishima murmured under his breath, as the sound of a whistle dismissed them from the break. "Alright, let's win the next set!" Daichi encouraged, intimidating the first years, as the rest of his team shouted "osu!"

The captain served the volleyball, causing it to spiral towards Yamaguchi, who had perfectly received it to Kageyama. "Nice!" Ren yelled, before noticing Hinata jumped to spike the ball.

Kageyama didn't even set it yet-

He then quickly set the ball to his teammate on the right, who had spiked it downwards in one swift move. It hit the opponent's side of the court, causing everyone to react moments later. "And there it is; the freak-like quick." The blonde in the back uttered, walking to the front. "A-amazing," Ren praised the duo, for this was the first time she had seen it.

The raven figure then smirked, as Hinata high fived the female. "That was so cool, Hinata!" He then grinned, as he rotated to the back, "I know right?!" Coach Ukai and adviser Takeda then watched the match near end, noticing almost no gaps within Ren's team. "That girl has thought it through."

The adviser turned to the voice. "Thought what through?" The coach's lips formed a smirk, as he opened his mouth. "Perhaps their team rotated once. Who would be in the front?" The advisor gave Ukai a puzzled look.