Act 41; So where do you change then?

Ren's P.O.V:

I'd like to talk to Oikawa-kun or Kageyama about what had happened... My thoughts were completely on last night. But I can't possibly worry them... Not when Inter-high preliminaries are tomorrow. I slowly but unintentionally made eye contact with a specific blonde.

I looked away as soon as I can, engulfing myself in Hiyori and Sayaka's laughter. You're doing too much again, Ren. I took my dominant hand and brought it up to my teeth, gently biting my own thumb. Hiyori likes Tsukishima-kun. If that's the case, I can't let her get hurt for my own... selfish reasons.

Yamaguchi-san, my eyes then trailed and met his, before he quickly looked away. I slanted my eyebrows and placed my head downwards. "Are you alright, Yoshida?" A mature sounding voice asked, making me stand straight. "Mhm, I'm A-okay, Sayaka!"

She dropped her shoulders and sighed, "everyone is so hyped up today. And then I'm just here cringing." The taller of the two placed her right hand on her hip, a little concern plastered onto her face. "Slow down, alright you two? You both make me feel like an old geezer." Hiyori gave a bubbly chuckle, "maybe that's because you are one."

"Am not-"

"Are too," the shorter female sparkled, and I had just been... so amused by it all.

--

The bell rang, dismissing us kids from our work. I stretched out my arms and legs, having them get pretty far. "Ah, club activities!" I smiled, thinking about how I hadn't been there for a while. "On second thought," I felt a bit nauseous, "maybe I shouldn't be too excited..."

"My, my," a voice I hadn't heard in a long time pestered. "Talking to ourselves now, are we?" I turned around and looked up to see someone I hadn't spoken to for a while now. "Ah, Tsukki-kun!" I got up from my desk and gleamed, "I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Good," he sneered. "I don't understand why you're so happy today."

"That's because we have some important matches tomorrow," Hiyori gave a friendly gesture walking towards us. But when she looked at Tsukishima-kun, that expression changed. "You know? The one Daichi-su asked you to get information on?" The beanpole looked down, and clicked his tongue as he glanced at both of us. "How annoying."

As soon as that happened, he picked up his bags and walked off. Another male, but shorter had also started to follow the blonde. Yamaguchi-san, I should probably talk to you before tomorrow... I wouldn't want to be the reason you're bothered. Just before I was about to call him over, the cute first year next to me decided to do the honor.

"Hey, Yama-su!" She waved him down, and gave a welcoming smile. But as soon as my dark green orbs met his, he grabbed his things at a much faster pace and left. Hiyori dropped her hand, and Sayaka placed her hand on her chin. "Strange... I just wanted to invite him over to walk with us to the club rooms..."

I was speechless. I could feel my heart split into two. I'm confused. I'm so, so confused... I gritted my teeth, a little hesitation lurking through my head.

He kissed me to make me feel better. It's a normal thing to do, right? The most adult of the group looked at me, and gave an exhale of breath. "You two go on ahead- I want to change early and stretch some more." I averted my gaze towards her.

I watched as she saw us off. Hiyori smiled sweetly, "I guess it's just the two of us now, Yoshi-su." I nodded, grabbing the rest of my things. My expression lightened, and I just gave up. How much longer am I going to deny it? He kissed you Ren; which means he likes you...