Act 38; The stars are nothing compared to you,

Ren's P.O.V:

"Is that all you've got, Tsukishima?" A once familiar dark haired female challenged, riling up the lanky blonde. "You let a girl with an awkward spiking form get passed you? How pathetic. No wonder you need help with your blocking form- it's way too off," Tsuya spat, making me look at senpai in disbelief. Tsuya-senpai was a first year back in my school when I had been in elementary. Aside from that, she played on the junior Volleyball team, which made her look a billion times better than she already was.

I didn't know her reasoning, or why she even joined that team specifically, but I know that she had been someone I looked up to too much. She had been the reason why I had hope in joining that team, as well as trying out in general. 'You'll be fine, Ren! Volleyball is a fun sport- you have to try out when you're older', is what she always said. Over the summer break, Tsuya-senpai just... disappeared. Maybe I had turned out just like her.

Now, she had been taking on the most intimidating person I know. Tsukishima Kei. Someone I couldn't just leave alone and not cheer for. But Tsuya-san is the same. Who knew I'd see her here?

Why would she join Nekoma out of the blue? Where had she been all this time? Even I didn't know that much. All I know is that moments ago, we had been playing a three on one match. Tsukishima-kun didn't do too well, and Tsuya-senpai all up and suddenly decided to start a fight. Kuroo-kun and I stayed quiet.

"Tch, I bet you can't block half of the spikes here," the beanpole smirked, "being so short, that is."

"Do you want to try, blondie?" The third year female crossed her arms, "why don't you spike for me? Cleary I'm too short to block, right?" They both switched spots, as Tsukishima-kun stared at me and I couldn't take my eyes off of his. "Eh?"

"Toss for me- I want to show this fake how hard blocking really is," he pushed his glasses upwards with his dominant hand and stood feet away from the net. No way, I smiled, getting all cheeky, I'm going to toss for Tsukki-kun?? This is the best day of my life! I better make this good-

But that means my siding against Tsuya-senpai... I don't think she would want to cheat, so, I should do my best and make her proud! I grinned, as Tsukishima-kun let out a few words slip by him. "How about we make a deal?"

"Sure," the brunette agreed before hearing the offer. "If you fail to block, I get to ask you to do a dare you cannot turn down. And if you block, you can ask me to do one."

"Deal!" Tsuya-senpai accepted with confidence, making me have a bad feeling about this. "I don't think this is a good idea-" I tried to speak, but gave up when I realized I'd been getting ignored. "Oi, don't get-" Kuroo-kun tried next, but followed the same fate. It was too late; their little showdown had already begun.

Throwing the ball in the air to me, I put my hands in a triangle like form. Not wanting to have Tsukishima-kun win easily, I tossed it where the blonde could hit it easily and where Tsuya-senpai could block it just as effortless. The female jumped first, since the height difference would surely hurt her. Tsukishima-kun then swings his arm downwards, only to feint it over her hands. The sound of them landing followed by the satisfying noise of a win.

"You bastard!" Tsuya-senpai yelled, making me back away from the beanpole and try and stop her from throwing her punches and kicks. "Looks like I win, shortie. Do you want to do the dares now or save your pride and postpone it?"

"Tell me what it is, you asshole! You chickened out and did a feint last second!!" She retorted, causing Tsukishima-kun to snicker in amusement. He started to walk towards her and Kuroo-kun and I could literally do nothing but watch. "Alright, fine. Swallow all your pride and kiss me, or-"