Act 26; What'd you wish for?

She couldn't be that bad... Could she?

Yoshida Ren had a nice figure, certainly. She just lost confidence in herself. After the volleyball incident- no. After the basketball team had been full, hadn't existed, or she couldn't join, she had become an insecure person, surely. She looked up to so many people, and watched their every move. Like, "amazing! I want to become like Midorima-senpai and shoot amazing three-pointers like those!" Or even, "gwah! Akashi-sama, that was so cool!"

But it seemed like she forgot about that completely. Maybe because they had split up in high school, disappointing her. Yes, she was a Japanese fanatic looking up to these guys, and she could have easily went to their schools as well, so why Karasuno? Why Miyagi?

At first glance, she looked normal. Almost too normal to be normal. With her light tan skin and dark grayish-green, almost black eyes, to her extremely dark brown hair, she looked average. Everything about her was average. Hell, her personality seems like it was ripped out of a cliché shoujo manga.

But it wasn't, and she couldn't change that. It was a habit to tie her hair into a messy ponytail every day, and she was too picky on how she wore skirts. So it wasn't her fault; it's not like she wanted to wear pants as such. It's not like she wanted to look like a guy. It's not like she wanted her parents to send her here.

It's not like she wanted to fall in love with someone so out of reach.

She wanted someone to stop her, tell her she was crazy, that it'd be okay. But alas, someone like that longed to come, and she thinks she knows that they're at this school, waiting for her. Or so she wants.

---

The girl gave a yawn, before looking at the taller figure on her left.

Why?

She was squished between her two favorite people. "How irritating. Can't they get one more table?" Yamaguchi sighed, "well, there was enough." They all looked at the brunette taking up space with his best friend. They should be grateful Oikawa hadn't dragged a few of his fan girls along.

If you investigated a little longer, the more it looked like he had unused seats next to him. "That's it," Ren stood up, trying to look all heroic, "I'm going in." Tsukishima shrugged, and Yamaguchi raised a brow, both careless as in what she wanted to do. She smacked her hand onto the table, almost tripping since she wanted to pass from in front of Tsukishima. "No way." He snickered, placing his legs up on the table.

Ren gave a grunt, before going the other way, since Yamaguchi gladly moved out.

Learn a thing or two, Trashishima.

She tried being as casual as she could, but what could she do? She was awkward. "Oi, can you scoot in?" Ren confronted the new comers. The raven haired male and the brunette looked up at her from their phones; they had nothing better to do.

"Of course," Oikawa started, raising his phone up with the page of his contacts, "but only if I get your number~" The girls cheeks heated up, but she brushed it off, and averted her eyes, and fiddled with her fingers.

Get a grip, Ren! He's just a flirt!

"Trashikawa, Don't go around taking advantage of people!" Iwa smacked the back of his head.

This guy's cooler, certainly.

"Ow... It's not my fault I can get girls..."

"What was that?" The shorter male popped a vein. "N-Nothing, Iwa-chan," he sweat dropped. "I'm sorry to interrupt," Ren gave an awkward glance towards the boys. Oikawa and Iwaizumi, was it?