Act 11; Tch. How irritating.

Ren's P.O.V:

I felt my heart beat from the inside of my chest. "Thank you for playing with us!" My team choired, as we took a quick bow. I walked over to Kiyoko-senpai, who had gestured me to come over there to where coach Ukai-kun and Takeda-sensei were. I smiled widely, as I excitedly trotted over.

"Congratulations, Yoshida!" Tanaka-senpai slapped my back, laughing. My eyes widened, as I nervously twiddled my fingers together. "That's our kohai for you!" Nishinoya-senpai added, patting my head.

But we lost-

"The coach saw something in you." Daichi-san walked over, as Nishinoya-senpai and Tanaka-senpai returned their hands. "Um- thank you. Daichi-san, Tanaka-senpai, Nishinoya-senpai."

"Call me Noya-senpai!" He announced, pointing a thumb at himself. "Th-thank you, N-Noya-senpai." I awkwardly looked away. "Now that that is done," the coach started, causing everyone in the gym to avert their gazes to him. "Yoshida?"

"Y-yeah?" He had Takeda-sensei take out a notebook, and open it to the designated page. "I'd like you to be an assist to Takeda-sensei, along with occasionally helping Kiyoko and me out." I felt my heart drop to my stomach. My gaze suddenly shifted the gym floors, "but we lost..."

The gym was covered with unnecessary silence, before Noya-senpai quickly patted my shoulders. "Of course you did." I felt my cheeks grow hot. "How bad would it look if your senpai's lost against their kouhai's?" Tanaka-senpai added, crossing his arms as Hinata-san fisted his hands and nodded.

"B-But-"

"Yoshida, we all know you're not that great." The coach sighed, as Takeda-sensei was about to elbow him, due to the comment. I looked down, and felt discouraged..? I knew I hadn't been the best and I hated that. Before I opened my mouth to agree, a voice spoke out. "But," Ukai-kun grinned, taking a good look at the notes the adviser had jotted down. "It doesn't mean you're completely bad."

I made eye contact with the speaker, and acquired the notebook he had handed to me. I quickly took a look over the pages, skimming through them. Everything was in here. The way I spiked the ball, the motion of how I received, hell, the step-by-step momentum of how I served-

It made me grin on the inside, and I had felt way more confident now that I knew that the coach had written down so many things that I was good at. "This is-"

"Everything that stood out about you," Adviser Takeda-sensei smiled, exchanging looks with Ukai-kun and Kiyoko-senpai. My eyes lit up, and I took a deep breath, "o-osu-!"

"But," I settled down as soon as the coach cut me off. "Are you up for it?"

The atmosphere around me changed, to a very serious one instead. I nodded, and took a bow. "I look forward to helping you!" It shocked the advisor and coach, and it was probably since it was so sudden. I had no intention to saying no, since I had already made up my mind a while ago.

Sugawara-san then ruffled my hair, making my cheeks heat up. "Good, good. We look forward to having you help us." I smiled, as I straightened myself back up. "Uwaah, now Yoshida-kun can teach us how to serve and spike and stuff!" The ginger over actively stated, looking up at me with admiration. "Y-Yeah..."

"Anyways, Yoshida." I viewed the coach, who had grinned mischievously, causing me to step back. "In a few days, we will be taking the team to a training camp, for a match in Tokyo."

"T-Tokyo?" I asked, shocked. "We'll be having the match with one of Karasuno's greatest rivals, Nekoma."

Nekoma?