Act 29; My dignity, Yamaguchi-san.

"Why do I have to attend high school? Isn't it easier if I drop out?" She twirled and locked her hair in her fingers. "I'm going to take that as a joke." Her dad said, looking up from the famous Shiratorizawa website. "Eh? But I don't wanna. This school seems too sophisticated."

Her father face palmed, and sighed. "You're going to have to deal with it." Ren took a step back, "can I attend another one? Please?"

"No."

"Pretty pleaaaase?" She batted her eyelashes. "Fine! But Aoba Johsai is your other option." He opened up to their website. She investigated the computer before cringing, "why is volleyball everywhere?! Where is the basketball?"

"Why did you choose Miyagi? That would have been Tokyo."

"Damn. You're right- WHY DIDN'T I ATTEND RAKUZAN OR SOMETHING? THE GENERATION OF MIRACLES ARE THERE, GOD REN- YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT." The girl hit her head on the table repeatedly, making the person beside her scoot away annoyed. "You'll start in two weeks time. By then I should be gone, so I'll sign you up right away. Promise that you'll attend, alright?" She crossed her arms, making everything turn silent. "Fine..."

She felt a shiver go down her spine and accidentally dropped one of the gift bags. "Are you alright, Yoshida-san?" Ren picked up the bag and put her eyes ahead of herself. "I was a really snobby person back then." Yamaguchi raised an eyebrow, keeping close beside her.

She gripped onto the bags a little more, "but I'm impressed. After that I managed to change myself in only two weeks." Tsukishima kept looking ahead, trying to ignore the idiot behind him. Why was he stuck carrying bags? He didn't agree, it was Yamaguchi after all. Soon they reached her small residence, and placed all the bags on the floor in front of her house.

"Thank you guys so much! I had a lot of fun." She gave a bow and stood up straight again. "It was nothing," Yamaguchi smiled. Ren then raised her arms up high, confusing both Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. It wasn't like her, but being around them made her feel like she could do anything.

"What?"

"A high-five, Tsukishima-kun."

"No." As much as Tsukishima wanted to not upset her on Ren's special day, he didn't want to get too friendly. She then shifted her body towards the other first year, hands still towering over them. "Fine, Yamaguchi-san will give me a high-five; I don't need you." Yamaguchi snapped out of his delusional thoughts, "eh, m-me?"

She nodded, and the first year couldn't help but sigh. How could he say no? He raised his arms up and smacked his palms against hers. "Yosh, today was great guys!" She pulled her arms down and curled her hands into fists.

Ren cleared her throat, not wanting things to get awkward like they usually do. "A-anyways... I'll see you both later."

--

"My, what time is it?" She mumbled, took out her phone, but ended up staring at her new lock screen. She looked so happy, not like other times, and she laughed at Yamaguchi's nervous expression. Tsukishima well... looked like Tsukishima. From his bland expression to his cold eyes, that's what he was and who he will always be.

"My bad, I should be calling mom." As soon as she dialled her number, she picked up faster than anticipated. "Hello?"

"Hey, mom," Ren grinned at the sound of her mother's voice. "Hey, Ren. Happy birthday!"

"Thank you!"

"So how did your day go? Did you do anything with your friends?" Ren took a seat down on her bed, taking out the toast from a familiar gift bag. "It was so great today! They threw me a birthday party!"