Act 32; Don't say sorry and then insult me!

Saturday came, sooner than anyone had expected, actually. Especially for Ren; someone who had been stupid enough to go against someone else's words. Did she think it would make her look tougher? Cooler even? That was something even she couldn't answer.

Wearing a long, buttoned up, black shirt and black tights, she felt it was too... what was the word? Plain. "If Hiyori was dressing me up, how would I look..?"

No, no, Ren- pull yourself together! This isn't anything special, so just wear anything.

She brushed off her anxiety, and pulled on her long boots until they reached her knees. Her hair fell on top of the right side of her face, causing her to tie it back into a neat ponytail.

How rare.

Daichi had told her to meet him at the school gates, most probably since it would be too awkward to ask for her address. She sighed, unplugging her phone from the charger. How could she be so dumb..?

--

"Hello?"

"A-ah, good evening, O-Oikawa-kun..."

"Yoshi-chan, see? I knew you would call me!" Ren rubbed the nape of her neck nervously, "y-yeah..."

"So, so, what is it you may need? Or did you just call because you wanted to hear my lovely voice?" She sighed, "I-I have a question... I kind of need some advice..."

"Go on, what is it?"

"S-so you don't mind if I ask for some l-love advice?"

There was a slight pause, "I don't mind; go ahead."

"I was dared by this guy I like into going on a date wi-"

"Hold on, a date? You?" He said a little frantically, "g-go on..."

"I have to go out with this other dude- and I don't know if I should act casual or what should I do?" Oikawa placed his palm on his chin, continuing to read up on his greatest rival, "so you are now going on a date with someone you don't even like by the person you have a crush on?" Ren nodded while slowly speaking out, "yeah."

The male on the other line felt something weird. Why was he expecting this? Even if he was, he couldn't help but feel surprised. 'Great, now I'm an even further step away from getting her to like me', he sighed. "What's wrong, Oikawa-kun? Do you not have any advice? Strange... Since you were so popular, I had assumed that you had experience-"

"I do, I do, Yoshi-chan! Don't get the wrong idea!"

"Then..?" She was timid to get some answers, and knew that a specific raven haired setter hadn't had the slightest clue on these types of situations. Plus, she knew he would surely call her stupid. "First off, you have to make it look like you are enjoying the date- that will really get on his nerves."

"Hold up- what makes you think he will be watching..?"

"Isn't it obvious? He dared you, so he will most likely make sure."

"So I have to enjoy myself, basically?"

"Yeah, just play hard to get," Oikawa then chuckled, "guys dig that."

"E-eh? There's no way I can pull that off..."

"Sure you can. You did it with me." There was a pause, and her expression had turned to stone. "That's because I despise you."

"Cruel, cruel, cruel! How cruel of you to say such words!" He puffed out his cheeks and crossed his arms, spinning around in his wheeled chair. "I-I'm sorry to say, but it's true!"