Act 8; Was it that obvious?

Ren's P.O.V:

"H-huh? Tsukki and I are starting as wing spikers?!" Yamaguchi-san exclaimed, pointing at his taller friend. "Hah?! I'm starting as a middle blocker?!" Hinata-san jumped, mindlessly questioning loudly. "That's a good thing, moron," Kageyama murmured, paying close attention to what I had to say.

I handed them my notebook, letting them visualize how I had wanted our match to go, but it had seemed only our setter was intently involved.

I could start off as wing spiker with Hinata-san, but...-

I shuffled in position.

There's no time to rearrange, we only have 8 minutes left.

"S-sorry about that, Yamaguchi-san...-" I started, placing my hand on my neck, when my thought suddenly went awry due to our opponents team.

What are they doing?

I squint my eyes, as the captain and vice talked to the coach.

What are they talking about-?

"Yoshida-san?" A familiar voice stated, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Y-yeah... Tsukishima-kun?" I looked over to the tall blonde who had seemed a bit surprised due to the positioning. "Are you alright with that?"

Tsukishima-kun sighed softly, before opening his mouth, "I couldn't care less." With that done, I smiled slightly. "Is... there a reason Hinata is starting in the front?" Kageyama questioned, gesturing over to the ginger first year. "That's because-" My reasoning was interrupted by the coach telling us to get in position.

The match is starting already?

I bit my thumb nervously, before getting a pat on the back by Kiyoko-senpai. "Don't worry." I nodded, giving her an almost forced smile. "Get into your positions, we're about to start." Daichi breathed, as both teams sided along the lines on Karasuno's gym.

"We look forward to playing with you!" I had bowed, with the rest of my team. As soon as we got up, Hinata-san and I took positions in the front line, along with Kageyama. "Huh? Tsukishima and Yamaguchi are starting as wing spikers?" Tanaka-senpai asked, looking towards the captain in the back.

"Hmm, that is odd..." Their setter added, before being thrown a reply by Daichi-san. "Well, that is their formation." Sugawara-san nodded, grinning innocently. "Yeah, we'll need to be careful then, especially since we don't know their plans."

Coach Ukai observed from the back, standing next to Takeda-san, also a bit puzzled by the positioning. The coach then nodded to Daichi-san, who had done the same. Kiyoko-senpai then blew her whistle, commencing our match with our higher-ups. It was our side that begun first, and Yamaguchi-san had started the serve. I nervously looked at Yamaguchi-san, but after seeing how anxious he was, I felt a little bit better than before.

Yamaguchi-san walked to the back line, holding the volleyball, clenching it tightly. Looking down on it, it was obvious he was shaking, nervous. I gave a hesitant smile, before looking at him from the front. "Hit a nice serve, Yamaguchi-san!" Causing him to gaze up at me, I broke the ice.

"You can do it, Yamaguchi!" Hinata-san threw him a thumbs up, grinning widely. Yamaguchi-san gave an on-edge smile, responding to Hinata-san with a thumbs up of his own. Shortly after, he dropped the ball, causing it to bounce off his shoes and to the other side of the gym. He then ran after it, picking it up slowly.

The freckled boy then centered his attention to the match, calming himself down.

I can't blame him. Starting the match's first serve isn't all that easy.