Act 40; You're looking better today!

She pulled away as soon as she could, her eyes wide. "I'm sorry, Y-Yamaguchi-san." Ren avoided all sort of eye contact, clenching her fists as tight as she could, her nails digging into her own palms. "I'm so sorry... I-I don't know..." She kept her head low, sitting in place.

Yamaguchi slanted his eyebrows, and also sat there motionless. What did he do? How did he do it? He really couldn't take his eyes off of her. "What are you saying," the male gave a smile that covered his hurt, "I should be sorry."

She didn't say a word. It's not like she didn't want to, but she was confused. He just helped her. He just stayed with her. He just kissed her.

"W-well then," Yamaguchi slowly picked up the sharp metal object. "Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow," he then stood up and grabbed his bag. "Everyone misses you, Yoshida-san." Nothing came from the other 15 year old. The seaweed green haired male's voice lingered with hesitation, "including me."

Ren looked up with little strength and watched as he walked out the door, closing it. "I'm sorry..."

"I'm so, so sorry, Yamaguchi-san," she brushed her fingers over her lips, "I'm so sorry I don't feel the same way."

She then grabbed her phone after hearing it vibrated a couple of times. All she wanted to do was sleep. Then, now. It didn't matter for how long. A message.

Yams~ ;w;

Take care.

Sent 8:36PM

"I'm sorry... I messed up," Ren ran her fingers through her hair. I shouldn't be so stupid. She didn't reply, but she called up someone she should've talked to a while ago. Maybe Yamaguchi wouldn't have to bother himself that way. Why did he kiss me?

Could he possibly..? She shook her head back and forth a couple of times, he probably just did that to cheer me up... Ren smiled, why else would he kiss me? The phone still rang, and she put it on speaker. I guess it did take my mind off of a few things. "Please pick up, Oikawa-kun."

"Hello?" She took a deep breath and exhaled it out never the less. "It's Yoshida."

"Yoshi-chan?" The male asked once more, making sure she was who she said she was. He hasn't talked to her since that time they all went to the café. He hasn't realized how much he missed it. "It's rare for you to call me this late."

"Yeah..." Ren's tone softened, as she dropped her head low. "What seems to be the matter? You seem like you're troubled."

"I am, actually," she admitted, knowing that he would be bothered. Oikawa said he would listen. He said he would help. "Do tell." A little hesitant, the first year recalled on what happened.

"The guy I like," she knew she was being ridiculous. "He asked my best friend on a date." Oikawa stayed quiet on the other line. He needed some time to react. "Don't worry," he felt terrible, saying something with such relief.

Why did something lift off of him? Like he felt like he was alright? "Are you sure it's a date?" Why was he doing this to himself..? "I mean, do they have a reason?"

"A reason..?" Ren's eyebrows met, "I don't understand." The captain of Seijoh sighed. "Do you know why?" There was a slight pause, "because he l-likes her..?"

"Not that," she could hear him face palm from her side, "push aside that question.

"Is it alright if I ask you another one?"