Act 21; Well, wasn't that fun?

Ren's P.O.V:

It wasn't my fault, so stop blaming it on me. I enjoyed playing basketball all my life and I grew up playing it myself. Whenever I found an empty court, in school or out, I played on my own. In junior high though, there was no basketball team. I was peer pressured into playing a sport, and one that I wouldn't stand out in.

Volleyball.

Wherever I was needed, I played. Nothing really motivated me, so I was put as a substitute. I was only great in one thing, and that was serving. I did pretty well, in my opinion, and I was put as a pinch server. 'If you underhand in a game, you'll get crushed.'

That's what I went by. I tried over handing, but it always hit the net. 'Another way, there must be.' Is what I thought...? So I tried smacking it upwards, like how you would receive a basketball. I don't know what they said... but apparently it was a 'float serve'.

I drifted away from my favorite sport, even if I had gotten attached to this one. That stressed me out. I disappeared from practice, and that was alright since no one noticed. And then, I didn't go to the tournament, and they somehow needed me, and realized. You don't appreciate it until you lose it.

Right?

--

"We're coming in!" Hinata-san yelled, after he opened the door. "Nii-chan, you're too loud!" A younger voice was heard, making me and Kageyama jump back, startled. "Really, Shoyou-nii... You don't need to do that every time you walk in-"

She stopped wording her thoughts as soon as she walked towards us, thinking that only Hinata-san would be there. The little girl widened her eyes, looking at all four of us. I don't blame her, really. We are like Titan's to Hinata-san, so it's only natural for someone shorter than him to be shocked.

She's so cute-! She looks like Hinata-san!

My eyes trailed to where she was staring, and to what I thought was Tsukishima-kun. But it wasn't that. Her eyes were fixed on Tsukishima-kun, who had been glaring daggers at the little kid. "S-so tall!" She shrieked, as she ran back to the kitchen. "Mom- there's some scary strangers in the house!"

Hinata-san threw his shoes off and dropped his bags, running after her into the kitchen. "No Natsu! They're here to study!" After he was out of sight, all of us stood near the door, puzzled by that reaction. "Really, Tsukishima-kun? You had to scare her?" The blonde beanpole started snickering, and it ticked me off how he hadn't been taking things seriously.

Kageyama stared a glare that could cut metal, murmuring words that I swear could be some time of satanic ritual. "What was that, king? Sorry I couldn't hear you from up here. "

"Oi, don't call me that, bastard!" Kageyama insulted back, not thinking twice. Yamaguchi-san chuckled a bit, trying to hide it, most probably since he had wanted to get along with the other first years. "Oh? What's this? I thought his majesty was raised in a castle, where did you learn such language?" Our setter didn't say anything, and just glared back at Tsukishima-kun.

"Guys, seriously. This isn't somewhere where you can fight." I sighed, as I pat their shoulders, sending shivers down their backs. "This is Hinata-san's house. Learn to respect it." I gave a small smile, making them stay still in fear. Well, I did learn a thing or two from Daichi-san.

"You guys must be Shoyou's friends," a brunette smiled warmly, welcoming us. "My, my. Where are my manners? I'm Hinata Shoyou's mother." She continued, as I noticed the apron she was wearing. "I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi. Nice to meet you." He gave a quick bow, looking over to Kageyama who had been next to him.