Act 9; Don't mind, Don't mind.

"I never really got you."

"Is that so?" A younger female clicked her tongue in disgust. "You're a really great player, yet you had chosen to leave instead?" The female raised a brow, in disappointment. The younger girl, who hadn't cared the least, walked away, ignoring what her captain had to lecture her about. "Don't ignore me," she grabbed her shoulder, "Ren!"

"I'm sorry." Ren averted her gaze away, pulling herself away from her teammate's grip. "Is sorry all that you can mouth? Don't give me that damn petty excuse." Ren clenched her fists, furrowing her eyebrows downwards. "I haven't given up on it-"

"Is that why you didn't come to the semi-finals?"

"That's not the reason, Maria-"

"I can't deal with you anymore, Ren. We all can't deal with you." The girl labelled 'Maria' forced a smile, "that's why I'm kicking you off the team."

"I didn't come because I didn't want to-"

"What? What was more important than helping us out? We needed you Ren, and you didn't show up. Now this is the outcome." She emphasized the needed, and she sighed, "bye Ren. Now you can get back to your more important things." Ren's eyes widened and she didn't dare to look back until the gym doors were shut. "Maria...-" she stopped, as tears filled her eyes. "I wanted to come," Ren cried in a soft tone.

--

"Over here, Kageyama!" The female of the team called, as the setter tossed it to her. She jumped up, to see Tanaka as well, in the way. "Here, here!" He yelled, throwing his arms up as she was about to hit the ball.

The toss was too fast for her though, and she had jumped too late, making her hand lightly touch the ball, curving over the blockers hand and falling onto the court. Hinata's eyes widened, as he clenched his fists. "Whoa, that was so cool, Yoshida-kun! Teach me how to do that!"

It was really just an accident though.

She thought to herself, stretching out her arms. "I wanna spike the ball too! Let's hurry up and rotate!" He jumped, fired up. "DAMN IT! YOU JUST WAIT, YOSHIDA!" Tanaka yelled, frightening her as Ren started walking to the back lines.

"Mm, maybe next rotation, Tanaka-senpai." She waved teasingly, as she high-fived Hinata. "Let's do this!" He grinned; as she watched Tsukishima and Yamaguchi get into position.

I'm up to serve, aren't I?

The 14 year old held the volleyball, and bit the inside of her lip. "You can do it, Yoshida-san!"

"Yeah, you go, Yoshida-kun!" The freckled and ginger first years encouraged, causing Ren to give an on edge smile.

It seems like all the players on the other side are great receivers.

She raised an arm around waist height.

I don't want to hit it to the back line, since their libero is there. Not to mention the captain, who is really good.

She held the ball out with one hand, pointing it at Kageyama's head, which confused the team players.

Asahi-san and Tanaka-senpai seem great at receiving as well.

Ren took a deep breath.

But,

As she hit the volleyball, under handing it with her right fist, she served it lightly, and aimed it in the middle of the court.