4. " Home "

Isshin pats Yuuki on the back while she cries her heart out. After a while she calms down a bit and resumes on writing.

~Thank you, but are you sure about this?~

"Yes. There's no way I'd let a good little girl like you wander off the streets. Plus, you're so cute that bad people might want take you away again like last time.", Ishhin said.

~Then I promise to be good and not to burden you anymore than this. I'll also help around the house, it's the least I can do.~

"We never thought of you as a burden right, Ichigo? And aren't you a little too young to help around the house?", Isshin asked.

"That's right, maybe when you get a bit older.", Ichigo said.

"You can call me 'dad' from now on. So then, let's leave at that for now, you two it's time for bed. Yuuki, I'll take you to your room.", Isshin said.

Yuuki stands in front of them and bows at them politely.

~Please take care of me from now on!~

Isshin and Ichigo smiles at her.

"Now then, shall we?", Isshin asked.

Yuuki nods at him in response.

"Goodnight dad, Yuuki.", Ichigo said as he yawns.

He retires to his room first. Yuuki follows Isshin closely behind as he leads her to her new room. Isshin stops in front of a certain door and opens it. He gestures for her to enter and Yuuki does so.

"Here it is, this will be your room from now on. I know it may take you a while to settle in so I'll leave you alone for now. You still have a slight fever and we still have things to talk about tomorrow so rest well.", Isshin said.

Yuuki looks around the room taking in its detail. She straightens herself as she faces Isshin and bows at him in gratitude.

~Hai. Oyasumi nasai... tou-san.~

"Oyasumi.", Isshin said.

He leaves the room with a smile on his face while Yuuki went straight to bed to get some rest.

(For now I'll do my best to recover quickly. I don't want to trouble them any longer), she thought and slowly closes her eyes.

*******

Yuuki fully recovered after a few days and is ready to help around the house.

(First I need to tidy up this room.), she thought and stretches her arms.

She started with the closet and organizes her clothes. Over the span of five days, she has been using them, yet she doesn't remember Isshin buying some. She wondered who they belonged to since they were already there when she first entered the room. Deciding to ask about it later, she continues to clean up and organizes the desk's drawer. Inside, she saw a family picture with a couple of photo albums. Isshin, Ichigo, beautiful woman and twin girls she hasn't seen before.

(I've been here for almost a week now but how come I haven't seen them yet? I should ask Isshin-san later, I'd really like to meet them.), Yuuki thought.

"The twins on the photo are Yuzu and Karin and the woman is Masaki, my wife.", a familiar voice said from behind.

Startled, Yuuki whirled around and saw Isshin leaning by the door frame.

"Masaki died over two years ago. Yuzu and Karin went missing eleven months ago.", Isshin continued as he approaches her and takes the photo from her hands.