23. " Calm Before the Storm "

Tense silence fell into the room for a while. Ichigo regained his composure knowing that there's nothing they can do but to prepare for what's coming.

"So how long are you guys planning on staying here? Do you even have a place to stay?", Ichigo questioned.

Everyone looks at him expectantly except for Toushirou.

As if reading their minds, Ichigo immediately rejected it. "No! We don't have enough room for all of you!"

Rangiku looks at him with pleading eyes.

"Specially you!", Ichigo exclaimed.

Then she unbuttons another one of her buttons semi-exposing her breasts.

"Holy mother of all breasts!!", Kon suddenly said popping out of Ichigo's bag.

Rangiku nonchalantly punches Kon to the wall just as he was about to jump onto her chest.

"N-No! I won't give in to temptation! I'm a man!", Ichigo said as he covers his eyes but separated his fingers, blushing.

"Then you can start by taking your hands off your eyes.", Rukia said.

An irk mark appeared on Ichigo's head. "Shut up! The answer is still no!"

While everyone was busy with their comical arguments, Yuuki entered through the front door downstairs.

"Ichi-nii, it's just me, okay? I forgot something!", Yuuki called while looking around the kitchen and immediately found what she was looking for on the countertop. "Ahh! Here it is!", she said truimphantly. "I left some dinner in the fridge just heat it up, okay? I'm off now."

"Want me to walk you back?", Ichigo called back.

"No thanks! I'm with Orihime!", Yuuki said and they heard the door shut.

"Where are they going at this time of night?", Rangiku asked.

"She's staying over at Inoue's place to help her study like always.", Ichigo explained.

"Ahh... she sure is smart, huh?", Rangiku said and rose to her feet. "Well then, see ya!"

Rangiku left through the window and Toushirou follows after her.

"Where are you going?", Toushirou asked.

"At Orihime-chan's.", came Rangiku's reply.

"Did you ask for her permission?", Toushirou questioned.

"No. But I knowing her, she won't reject me.", Rangiku offhandedly said.

"You're just taking advantage of someone else's kindness. Besides didn't Kurosaki say that they're studying? You shouldn't disturb them.", Toushirou reasoned.

"It's just for tonight, and we're not going there to disturb them.", Rangiku assured.

As they walk while talking, they saw Orihime and Yuuki chatting while making their way back to Orihime's. The two Shinigamis approach them but didn't want to interrupt their conversation so they kept quiet for the time being. The two girls didn't seem to notice them yet as they silently follow behind.

"Ino-Orihime, when Kuchiki-san said 'that incident', was she referring to what happened two months ago with that Aizen person?", Yuuki asked curiously.

"Hai, when we were trying to save Kuchiki-san from execution, it turned out that he was the mastermind. He plotted to take the Hogyoku which was hidden within Kuchiki-san.", Orihime answered.

"Hogyoku??", Yuuki questioned.

Orihime shrugs. "To be honest, I don't know what it is either... but they say it's something powerful."