40. " Nagisa "

Flashback:

An emotionless woman walks along the seashore with dozens of dead bodies on the ground. Her black kimono is stained in red and her sword drips of their blood. She wondered how she got there in the first place.

"Hey.", a man's voice called.

She turns around 'till her cold violet eyes met the young man's jade ones.

"How'd you manage to get in here?", he asked.

She ignores him and continues to walk but the man follows her.

"Nevermind... since you're here then you can no longer leave this place.", the man said.

She stops on her tracks and without warning, she lunges at the young man prompting him to block her attack.

"Whoah there! I didn't mean anything else. There's a strong barrier around here and the only way to leave is to lose your memories of being here."

She didn't seem to be interested but to fight against him.

"Tsch! Guess I have no other choice...", the man mumbled.

A fierce battle ensues between the two. After some time, the man eventually gains the upper hand and defeats her. She was lying on the soft sand gasping for air as blood drips from her injuries.

"Finish me off.", she simply said.

The man sits down and heaves a heavy sigh. He was clearly tired and full of injuries as well.

"Man... you sure are strong, that strength isn't something you should use to kill people.", the man said.

"I only live to fight, that was how I was raised. That's why I don't hold back in the battles I face. It's their fault if they die, they're just too weak."

"How you were raised, huh?", he mumbled.

"Just finish me off already."

(*sigh*) "Alright.", the man simply said.

He stands and looks down at her while she closes her eyes.

"What's your name?", the woman asked.

"Haru, Shinohara Haru, and you?"

"I don't have a name."

Haru raises his sword and points it at her while the woman lay still as she accepts her fate. Then she heard the sword stab something. Her eyes snapped open when she didn't feel any pain. The sword was impaled on the sand over her shoulder and a tiny portion of her hair was cut.

"W-Why?!", she asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Your life now belongs to me, from now on you shall live to serve me, Nagisa.", Haru firmly said.

Nagisa gapes at him.

"W-What nonsense are you spouting?! Just finish me off! I have lost so I deserve to die!"

"You're the one who's spouting nonsense. You think you only live to fight? Then once you lost you want to die just like that?"

"Yes! Now get on with it!"

"Tsch! Stubborn one aren't you? Fine! Then I'll give you another reason to live!"

"What?!!"

"Get stronger.", Haru firmly said. "You have to get stronger and defeat me! That'll make up for your loss. But until then, you shall serve me until that day comes and reclaim your freedom!"