39. " Under the Moonlight's Glow "

Yuuki and Rangiku are having a serious talk about Toushiro and Momo in Rangiku's room.

"Why are you telling me this?", Yuuki asked.

"Because I know you like taichou too. Ever since I arrived two days ago I noticed captain has been confused and zones out a lot recently. With many things going on here, he still worries about you guys. I'm not familiar with the taichou who's heart in turmoil. He usually can handle things even on his own. What I'm trying to say is, you need to help him."

"I want to help him, but how?"

"By staying friends with Hinamori-chan."

"Matsumoto-san we're already friends, you know that."

"I do, but you should keep it that way. Earlier today at the captains meeting, when you and Hinamori-chan got really friendly like always, I saw how relieved he got and how he smiled when he saw the two of you happy. Even though you're rivals in love, I want you to stay friends. I think taichou doesn't want to ruin your friendship because of him."

"Matsumoto-san, even if you didn't tell me that, I'd still be friends with Hina.", Yuuki calmly said as she smiles lightly.

"This situation is really complicated, huh? Though I'm also in a turmoil."

"Huh?"

"I don't know who I should cheer for... now I know how taichou feels."

"Ahaha! Come on Matsumoto-san, the one who you should be cheering for should be Shiro, right? Whatever decision he may choose."

"You're right.... (*yawn*) It's getting late. I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, sweet dreams."

After some change of clothes, they both went to bed.

After almost two hours Yuuki gets off to bed since she can't sleep. She steps outside for some fresh air and looks at the night sky while humming a song.

"Can't sleep?", a familiar voice asked.

"Kyaaaa!!!", Yuuki screamed and turns around to face Toushiro. "Shiro?!! Quit doing that!", she said with an annoyed look on her face.

"Quit doing what?", Toushiro asked raising an eyebrow.

(*sigh*) "Nevermind...... it seems you also can't sleep."

"Yeah, with so many things going on.... who can?"

"Hmmm.... Matsumoto-san? She's sleeping like a log."

(*sigh*) "She always sleep like that no matter what the situation. Anyways, are you going back home tomorrow? Kurosaki still doesn't know you're back right?"

"Nah, I don't want to disturb Ichi-nii on his training, he'll be worried about me when I'm alone at home. If you don't mind, can I stay here even for just a few days?"

"I suggest you go home, you're not safe here. For all we know the Central 46 might be planning on something to take the jewel from you."

"Oh yeah.... those guys.... honestly speaking, they're the least of our problems."

"What do you mean?"

"Well..... the Abyss completely took over Hell.... because of that, it'll be just a matter of time when Heuco Mundo, the Human world and Soul Society will be next.....(*sigh*) I really messed up big time, didn't I?", Yuuki said and smiles bitterly. "What the Central 46 said was right..... my incompetence has caused everyone in great danger.", she said on the verge of tears and clenched her fists in frustration.