35. " Personal Vendetta "

Toushirou and Ichigo's training went on for more than a week until Toushirou decided to go back on patrol. While doing so, he decided to stop by Ichigo's school again. As he walks along the school corridors, he saw Orihime, who seems to have noticed him as well.

"Ah! Toushiro-kun! What are you doing here?", Orihime asked.

"I just droped by.", the young captain replied simply.

"Perfect timing! You can have lunch with us at the rooftop! Ishida-kun and the rest are already there.", Orihime declared enthusiastically.

"No thanks, I'll be going back to Soul Society for a short while so I just came by to let you know.", Toushirou informed.

Orihime's shoulders sagged. "I see... when will you return?"

"Maybe tomorrow. I'll just report to the Head Captain.", Toushirou said. "Can you tell Matsumoto for me?"

"Sure thing!", Orihime happily said.

The young captain nodded gratefully.  "Thanks, I should get going then."

Orihimes waves af him goodbye.  "Alright, see you."

But then, Yuuki's double comes running towards them gaining the duo's attention.

"Orihime-saaaaan!! I'm back!", Yuuki's double announced enthusiastically.

Orihime grinned. "Ah! Kaeda-chan! You're back!"

"Kaeda-chan?", Toushirou asked raising an eyebrow at Orihime.

Orihime nodded. "Yeah, Kaedama as in subtitute or double."

The young captain couldn't help but be amused. "You know that can also mean extra serving of noodles, right?"

"Oh, you're here as well Hitsugaya-sama, good day to you.", Kaeda said as she bows politely at him.

"There's no need to be so formal, just call me Toushirou.", Toushirou said.

The title 'taichou' was only applicable to Shinigamis, including Ichigo. That's why he never corrected Orihime and others calling him without it.

"O-Okay... Toushirou-sama.", Kaeda corrected.

"Oh! By the way, Kaeda-chan, how'd it go?", Orihime asked.

Kaeda grinned triumphantly. "Oh yeah, I rejected him like the way you told me."

"That's good, he's the seventh one this last two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more.", Orihime said.

"Has Yuuki always had this many confessions?", Toushirou asked curiously, picking up to their conversation.

Orihime nodded with a sigh. "Yeah, even when we were still in elementary she has always been popular. But she just ignores them because she couldn't talk."

"I see, so she hasn't gone out with someone?", the young captain asked thoughtfully.

"Yes.", Orihime answered without missing a beat.

Toushirou was glad to hear it but he too has no experience in dating someone. He wasn't even sure if Soul Society will allow it or not.

"Come to think of it....", Orihime continued upon remembering something. "There was this guy who was really persistent. He kept on following Yuuki-chan, that's one of the reasons why she transferred here so that Kurosaki-kun can keep an eye on her."

Toushirou frowns at that. "A stalker?"

"Yeah, I think so..... Kaeda-chan you mentioned that someone has been following you recently, right?", Orihime asked.