46. " A Heart That Doesn't Forget "

Shortly after Yuuki and the rest got back from Soul Society, they discuss things further.

"We could've done it right now if only we recieve some help from Soul Society.", Masahiko mumbled.

"Ma-kun, they have their own duties and we have ours. The moment I exposed about the jewel there were people after it already.", Yuuki said.

"You're right... we can't risk that again, but the captains did disagree to their superiors.", Masahiko said.

"Yeah, but because of that we almost made them traitors.... I don't want that...", Yuuki said.

"What's our next plan then?", Nagisa asked.

".... If Shinjo-nii is currently in the Abyss then we'll get him out there. It's time to know what were up against.", Yuuki said with a serious look on her face.

"That could be dangerous... we don't know how powerful the Abyss has become. Of course, that includes the remaining Abyssal Knights.", Shino said.

"I'll go with you.", Masahiko said.

"No. Everyone will stay here, me and Amaterasu will be the only one's going.", Yuuki firmly said.

"Yuuki, as your knight it's my duty to protect you and I can't do that when I'm not around you."

"I know that Ma-kun but I want you lead everyone while I'm gone."

"Isn't Nagisa supposed to be the one to lead since she's our second in command?"

"Leading isn't my forte, even if I was the second in command it was in name only. I was more like Haru-sama's aide.", Nagisa said.

"You heard her.... Ma-kun, I don't want to 'order' you to take on this job. I want you to accept it willingly, please?"

(*sigh*) ".... alright.... just promise me you'll return."

"Of course we will, and if we do Shinjo-nii will be with us as well.", Yuuki said and smiles.

"So when will you depart?", Nagisa asked.

"In three days or so, we still need to make sure that Soul Society doesn't suspect us.", Yuuki said. "If everything's all clear then we should call it a day, everyone deserves a rest."

*******

It was a bit late at night when Yuuki finally got back home. She knocks on the door and Ichigo opens it.

"Tadaima!", Yuuki said and smiles.

"Okaeri! So how was your trip?", Ichigo asked.

"It really was good to see everyone! We played some games and it was really fun! But... it was still sad to say goodbye."

Ichigo notices the wound on Yuuki's left hand. Knowing her, she can get clumsy sometimes and gets herself injured then hides it. Specially when she enjoys herself like when she was still small.

"You'll see them again.", Ichigo said as he ruffles her hair and smiles lightly.

"Come on, why don't you take a bath first then eat, I bet you're hungry so I made supper."

"Thanks Ichi-nii, I'm famished!", Yuuki enthusiastically said.

Yuuki rushes to her room to change, and while climbing upstairs, Toushiro suddenly emerges from Ichigo's room which is only a few steps away from the stairs. They made eye contact for a second but Yuuki, upon seeing him, suddenly jolted backwards in surprise and looses her footing. Toushiro immediately rushes to her and pulls her hand when she was about to fall down the stairs. However, he pulled her with a bit much force causing her to bump onto him and lose his balance making them topple with Yuuki on top. Their faces were only centimeters apart so they both blush heavily, Yuuki jolted backwards again. Both hearts beat wildly as they look at each other.