43. " True Meaning of Sacrifice "

Gin got injured on his upper torso but the wounds weren't deep.

(What power... if I didn't defend myself I could've been bifurcated... this girl.... she could've killed me if she wanted to with that attack.... I have underestimated her.), he thought.

Yuuki is almost at her limit since she was already tired before she used Awakening. She's trying her best for Gin not to notice.

The two were focused on thier battle until,

"EVERYONE!! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?!!", Ichigo suddenly yelled.

Gin and Yuuki turn their attention to their battle and saw Momo impaled on Toushiro's blade. Yuuki's eyes widen in shock.

"Hina!!!!", Yuuki worriedly yelled.

Gin suddenly attacks when Yuuki got distracted. She dodges to the side but Gin managed to scratch her cheek.

"You'll die if you won't pay attention.", Gin said and smirks.

Gin lunges at her again and the two resumes their fight but with Yuuki being exhausted, they are now evenly matched.

At the same time, Toushiro cradles Momo as he slowly descends to a building.

"Shiro-chan.... why?", Momo weakly asked.

Toushiro lost all senses and a yell of rage tore from his throat. His murderous eyes were focused on Sosuke and lunges at him in blinding rage.

"WAIT!!", Shunshui warned. "Hitsugaya-taichou!!", he yelled.

"You're full of openings.", Sosuke mumbled.

Meanwhile, Yuuki barely dodges Gin's attacks.

"Ikorose, Shinso."

Yuuki quickly transmuted her sword into a bow and fires at Gin. Neither of them had the time to dodge as they were both in the middle of attacking. The arrow grazed Gin on the waist.

"You... missed...", Gin said.

"It... wasn't.... for you...", Yuuki weakly said.

Just as Sosuke and Toushiro close in, an energy-like arrow pierced Sosuke at the back when he was about to counterattack. The arrow shined brightly, the Hogyoku was purified and shattered. Everyone was in shock even Toushiro who just regained his senses.

As they watch Sosuke dying, a grieving Ichigo yells. They watch as Ichigo frantically rush towards Yuuki and Gin. Toushiro's eyes widen in shock when he saw Yuuki impaled on Gin's blade and immediately rushes to them as well. Ichigo lunges at Gin who still wore a surprised look on his face. He still wasn't sure if she's just another Shikigami or the real one. Gin parried Ichigo's attack in the nick of time while Toushiro catches Yuuki and takes her to a nearby building. He called her name repeatedly but she couldn't answer. Instead, she caresses his cheek as she weakly smiles at him. Then her eyes slowly close and her hand went limp. Toushiro yelled and fell to his knees.

"This.... this wasn't supposed to happen!!", he said in a trembling voice as his teardrops onto her cheek.

Ichigo rushes to her side and was very silent as he fell to his knees. Then Amaterasu shows herself.

"What... happened?", Ichigo asked in a trembling voice.

"She could've fired that arrow at Ichimaru Gin to save herself, instead she fired it at Aizen Sosuke and chose to save him.", Amaterasu said as she looks at Toushiro.

Ichigo suddenly grabbed Toushiro by the collar.

"This is all your fault!!!", Ichigo angrily yelled.