Final Chapter ~ A Place to Return To

Amaterasu and Shinjo continues their conversation.

"After we left, Kazu told me about Yuuki. However I was determined to get Yuuri's soul back so I decided not to return until I get it done. After five years, I heard news that they were about to sacrifice Haru as well. So I came back to take his place, I figured that it might be the fastest way to retrieve Yuuri's soul by going to the Abyss' center.", Shinjo said and paused for a moment. "I told them I'd go willingly in exchange that they wouldn't harm Haru or Yuuki. I waited for them to open the dimensional gate that took Yuuri away. I warned them that I have my trusted men keeping an eye on them. The moment they make that wrong move, Kazu will be there to slaughter them all."

"But you failed since Tsukiyomi managed to take over you.", Amaterasu said.

"That's right.... Kazu and the rest still followed me due to their loyalty but they won't obey everything I commanded so I eventually made things easier for them by using the power of the Abyss to corrupt them as well.", Shinjo said. " A few months later I attacked the village. You guys know the rest....... everything I did was unforgivable.... I've let Yuuri down, killed Haru, made Yuuki suffer and killed so many people. I can never make amends for all my sins. Maybe if I were to die then...."

"Stop right there!", Amaterasu suddenly said cutting him off. "Dying will be too easy."

"Then what should I do?"

"Live.", Amaterasu simply said.

"I don't deserve to live...", Shinjo said as he looks down in dismay.

"You've misunderstood."

Shinjo looks at her with a confused expression on his face.

"Live and suffer, let all those memories haunt you until your last breath. Some people feel more pain living than dying and you're one of them. That's why... if you were to die then it would be the same as running away. If you think it's all your fault then you have to face everything head on.", Amaterasu said as she looks intently into his eyes.

Shinjo clenched his fists and remains silent as he looks down on the floor.

"Well... that's up to you to decide which path you'll take. Let's just make it clear, you're of no use to us dead. The least thing you can do is to help out, you can't die until you fix every mess you made."

"You know I can't fix everything..... I can't bring people back to life.", Shinjo said with a sad look on his face.

"There you go again....(*sigh*) if you don't stop with that wishy-washy attitude then I'll smack some backbone into your face!"

(*sweat drop*) "Backbones are supposed to be at the back not in the face, right?", Shinjo mumbled.

"Who cares?! I didn't mean it literally!", she exclaimed.

"Then what do you think I should do for now?", Shinjo asked.

"For starters, why don't you stay by Yuuki's side and support her? I'm sure while you do, the things you need to do will follow naturally. There's no need to rush things."

Shinjo stands up with a light smile on his face.

"Thanks Amaterasu."

"No prob... but I warn you, if you mess up again then I'll keep on pestering you.", Amaterasu said and smirks.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me... I need my beauty rest.", Amaterasu said and disappears.

Shinjo proceeds to the door. The moment he set foot outside, someone bumped into him and pratfalls to the ground. He looks at Yuuki who just got back from Orihime's place.