48. " The Inner Abyss "

After a few hours of walking they finally reached their destination. Toushiro looks around but no one was in sight. He tried calling but there was no response. Then he felt two familiar presences and quickly head towards them.

*******

The gate disappeared the moment it closed, Masahiko and Shino were fighting against Antumbras and Chained Hollows that managed to pass through. Toushiro arrives shortly after Shino defeated the last Chained Hollow. Masahiko didn't fail to notice his presence and approaches him.

"..... you're too late, Yuuki already went in and the gate is now closed.", Masahiko said.

"Once the gate closes it will disappear, only Yuu-chan can summon the gate from the other side.", Shino said.

Toushiro clenched his fists in frustration and suddenly grabs Masahiko by the collar.

"Why'd you let them go?! You should've gone with them!!", Toushiro angrily said.

"No matter how much I wanted to go... I can't disobey my master, if she told me to stay then that's what I'll do.", Masahiko said with a serious look on his face. "Besides, she promised to comeback, it may be reckless but she does her best to keep her promises. That's what I'll believe in.", he firmly said.

Toushiro lets him go and steps back. He understands his feelings very well not being beside her.

"I won't lose either... when Yuuki comes back I'll tell her how I feel. I'll make sure not to leave her side ever again.", Toushiro said with a determined look on his face. (I won't let her do everything alone again.), he thought.

Toushiro heads back to Ichigo's place to ask Yuuki's Shikigami if there's another way to go to the Abyss.

"Yes there is another way.", Yuuki's Shikigami said.

"Really?! Tell me!", Toushiro exclaimed.

"I remember Yuuki-sama using the jewel's power couple of times to get escape from the Abyss. I just thought it might also be used the other way around. Since the Seal Stone has been reinforced, I guess it'll be fine for one time only."

"That's right! She entrusted the jewel to me before she left last time...", Toushiro mumbled. "Do you have any idea how I can use it?", he asked.

"When Yuuki-sama wanted to see you, she wished upon the jewel. As her double, we share the same memories and feelings so I'm sure that's what she did the first time she got dragged into the Abyss."

"You mean that time when...."

".... yes, she managed to get back here because she yearned to see you and Hinamori-sama again..... specially you.", she said as she blushes slightly.

"Yuuki.... I want to see you again... I still have so many things to tell and ask you.", Toushiro mumbled as he clenched his fist.

Then they saw something shining within his closed fist. When he opens his palm, the light engulfs him.

*******

Meanwhile at the Abyss, Yuuki and Amaterasu heads to the inner part of the Abyss.

"We've been going down for quite some time now but I still can't see anything.", Yuuki said.