24. " The Guardian Deity "

After a few hours, Toushirou and Yuuki arrived to the hidden village where she used to live. The Shinigamis erected some kind of a barrier around the village to keep the humans out. They didn't waste any time and started to search for anything that may be able to restore her memories.

It took a while but Yuuki finally saw something that piqued her interest. It was a large house, a traditional Japanese mansion in shambles that was located a bit far from the main village.

A wave of nostalgia swept over her upon walking through its gates. "I'm home....", Yuuki mumbled.

Toushirou silently trails behind as she enters the main house. Vivid memories came back as she walks through the hallway. There were fond memories with her family. Then her expression suddenly turns grim as she remembers the day tragedy struck. Chills ran down her spine as she saw people running and screaming. A gasp escaped her lips when she felt a sudden intense pain in her head. Toushirou was the last person she saw before blackness swallowed her vision. Luckily, Toushirou caught her in time just as she was about to hit the ground.

*******

Men, women and children alike were ruthlessly being slaughtered right in front on her eyes. They were being attacked by Hollows and the one leading them was Shinjo. Yuuki was in a trance until her mother suddenly grabbed her and carries her back to their house.

As Haruka runs back, she saw her husband fighting against a few Hollows. "Riku!!!", she called.

After finishing off the last of them, Riku rushes towards them engulfing them in a hug. "Haruka!! Are you two alright?!", he checks on them for any injuries and sighs in relief upon finding none.

Haruka looks around frantically in search for her son. "Where's Haru?!", she asked Riku.

"I don't know, he's not back yet. I'm getting worried..... I'll go look for him. You take Yuuki to our room and barricade the door. Take this with you.", Riku said as he hands her a dagger.

Haruka takes the dagger from his hand. "Okay, please be careful."

Riku gave a soft kiss on his wife's lips and another kiss on top of Yuuki's head before running off to find his son.

It wasn't easy fighting against Hollows while carrying a terrified five-year-old but Hakura did it somehow. Upon arriving to their bedroom, she turns her attention to her daughter and puts her inside a small room that is concealed beside the bed. It was more like a small cabinet that has enough room to fit a small child like Yuuki.

Haruka places her hands over her daughter's trembling shoulders. "We're safe for now but I want you to stay here and hide. Mommy will be back as soon as possible."

Yuuki latched onto her mother's sleeve with trembling hands as tears stream down her face "Mom, please don't go... don't leave me.", she pleaded.

"I'll be back for you I promise.", Haruka said and plants a kiss on her forehead. "Don't come out until I call for you."

Before Yuuki can even protest, Haruka unhooked her tiny fingers and closed the secret door.

Silence fell into the room as Yuuki anxiously wait for her mother's return. An unknown amount of time passed before she heard the door slowly open. Remembering her mother's words, she didn't come out. Footsteps were heard around the room. Then it stopped in front of the secret door as if they know it was there. Yuuki choked back a sob.

"Ohh Yuukiiiiii... I know you're there, come out now there's no use hiding.", a familiar voice said.

Yuuki didn't respond now that she knows Shinjo is on the other side of the door. The person leading the attack.