49. " Deepest Secrets "

Toushiro expresses surprise at Michiru's sudden revelation.

"You know nothing about her do you?", Michiru said. "Shinjo wasn't the first person that was sacrificed but his other younger sister, Yuuki's twin. Only few people knew about her existence. Her dead parents and Shinjo."

"You... bastard... where... is she?", Shinjo weakly asked.

"She's right here.", Michiru said and smirks.

"What?!", Shinjo said.

All of a sudden, Toushiro got stabbed by a sword from behind and was immediately pulled out of him. Toushiro looks at the attacker over his shoulders and his eyes widen in shock as well as Shinjo's upon seeing Yuuki smiling wickedly from behind Toushiro, her sword drips of blood. Toushiro falls to his knees as he clutches his wound.

Yuuki appearance changed slightly, her hair is now raven black and her eyes are blood red. Then after chanting a spell, her sword glows and gathers massive amounts of dark energy. She swings it forward and a dimensional rift was opened forcing out Sacred Jewel of Soul. She takes the jewel and looks down at Toushiro apathetically.

"W-Who are you?", Toushiro weakly asked.

"Yuuri...", Shinjo mumbled.

Yuuri turns her attention to Shinjo.

"Aniue it's been a while!", Yuuri happily said. "It's too bad father doesn't need you anymore. We could've been together longer."

"HE'S NOT YOUR FATHER!!", Shinjo angrily yelled.

"Yes he is, he's the one who gave me another chance to live. Well... unfortunately I had to borrow Yuuki's body. Oh... it'll be mine soon anyway. Good thing we're twins right?", Yuuri said and smiles.

Shinjo sits up in a kneeling position.

"Yuuri... you know you're no longer belong to the world of the living.", Shinjo said with a sad look on his face.

"Who's fault do you think that is?", Yuuri asked and smiles bitterly.

Shinjo clenched his fists in frustration.

"I know it's my fault that I wasn't able to do anything when they took you and sacrificed you into the Abyss. I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to protect you. Why don't you punish me instead? Yuuki has nothing to do with it so please let her go."

"Aniue... if I leave this body you know what will happen to me, right? Do you... want me die again?", she asked as she looks at Shinjo in the eyes.

Toushiro loses consciousness due to his injury. Seeing this, Shinjo grits his teeth and take out a small white orb and smashes it to the ground.

"Damn it all!!!!!", he yelled.

Once broken, the orb turned into a portal. He, Toushiro, Kazu and Kai were absorbed into it.

*******

After some time, Toushiro regains consciousness and saw a familiar place. They were back at the human world at Urahara's Shop.

"You're finally awake.", Shinjo said.

Toushiro looks around the room as if looking for someone.

"Where's..... Yuuki?", he weakly asked.

"She's with Amaterasu so she's fine."

Toushiro ponders for a while and recalls everything that happened at the Abyss. He suddenly sits up but felt a stabbing pain in his stomach.

"Don't move or else you'll reopen your wound.", Shinjo said.

"Were you the one who bandaged my wounds?"