14. " Incoming Storm "

Toushiro steps outside to calm his pounding heart and took a deep inhalation of breath. After calming himself, he looks around and noticed that Rangiku and Ichigo aren't back yet. Then the doorbell rang so he went to check who it was, he opens the door and saw Yasutora and Uryu. The latter wore surprised looks upon seeing him.

"Hitsugaya-kun?!", Uryu said.

"Where's Ichigo?" Yasutora asked.

"He hasn't come back yet since last night.", Toushiro said.

Orihime came down from the stairs moments later and saw the thee of them talking.

"Ishida-kun, Sado-kun? What brings you here so early in the morning?", she asked.

"What about you, Inoue-san?", Uryu asked.

"I slept over since Yuuki-chan is sick so I'm taking care of her.", Orihime said. "Ahh! Though this isn't my house why don't you guys come in. Kurosaki-kun and Rangiku-san aren't back yet, I hope they're okay."

"I'll try calling Matsumoto, excuse me for a moment.", Toushiro said.

He steps outside and takes out his phone to call Rangiku.

"Please have a seat then we'll talk.", Orihime said.

The three of them sits on the couch.

"Inoue-san about last night, who were you guys fighting? While we were on our way to you guys, we encountered bunch of Hollows so when we finally got there we only saw Kuchiki-san.", Uryu said.

"We were fighting against Fujisaki Michiru, one of the Abyssal Knights. But Kuchiki-san wasn't with us that time. I wonder when she got there? Why didn't she show herself to us?" Orihime said.

"When she saw us she told us to follow her and took us to Urahara-san's place.", Uryu said.

"Did Urahara-san say anything to you guys?"

"He just asked us what happened and what we know. When we mentioned Yuuki-chan he asked more about her and said that he wants to meet her in person.", Uryu calmly said.

"When Yuuki-chan gets better we'll introduce her."

"Inoue, about the enemy, was he alone?", Yasutora asked.

"He was alone at first but he summoned bunch of Chained Hollows within the black mist. Toushiro-kun said he mentioned Naraku-Ou or something.", Orihime said.

"Abyss King... huh, must be their leader.", Uryu mumbled. "Then he may not be working alone, there may be more of them but they haven't shown themselves yet."

Toushiro who just stepped inside speaks up.

"I just received a call from Soul Society. Another one of his colleagues attacked Matsumoto and Kurosaki last night. It looks like they're working separately.", he said.

The three of them express shock.

"How are they doing?!", Orihime asked in concern.

"Not good, they both got injured but that's not what they're worried about."

"What do you mean?", Uryu asked.

"It seems they got injured by a Chained Hollow, I don't have the full details yet so I'll be going back to Soul Society."

"Toushiro-kun, I'm going with you!", Orihime said.

"I'll go as well.", Uryu said.

"I'm coming too.", Yasutora said.

"No. We still need people here, what if they attack again? We need people here to keep the others safe."

Unbeknownst to them Yuuki was already awake and overheard their conversation. She approaches them with a determined look on her face. Orihime was the first one to notice her.