25. " Friends and Foes "

Yuuki wasn't sure what to feel when she remembered all the good, very bad and important memories. "I never lost my memories.... they were just sealed away."

Cold breeze suddenly blew on them making Yuuki shiver. Toushirou removes his haori and drapes it over her shoulders.

"Arigato.", Yuuki gratefully said. Being so close to his face made her remember the kiss earlier. She looks away as she blushes heavily.

Toushirou thought that she might have already caught a cold since they were outside for quite a while now.

"Ah! Right... Yuuki, I almost forgot to tell you something.", Ichigo said.

"What is it?", Yuuki asked.

"I want you to stay with Inoue for a little while longer.", Ichigo said.

"Why?", Yuuki asked in confusion.

Ichigo hesitated. "I'm not sure if it's a good idea to tell you about this because I don't want you to worry."

Yuuki smiles gently. "Ichi-nii is strong so whatever it is, I know you can handle it. Just don't overdo it."

Ichigo smiles back and ruffles Yuuki's hair. "I won't..."

"So what is it then?", Yuuki urged.

"I can sense that there are people keeping a close eye on me for a while now. They haven't shown themselves yet so I don't know what their purpose is.", Ichigo admitted.

Toushirou, who stayed silent for while now, spoke when he heard their conversation. "Whoever they are I'm sure they will reveal themselves to you soon. Since they're keeping a close eye you they might know that you're onto them or it could be their intention in the first place."

"What do you mean?", Ichigo questioned.

"You said they've keeping an eye on you for a while but they haven't done anything yet so far. That could probably mean they're not enemies. Still, don't let your guard down. I'll try to find out whatever I can regarding this matter.", Toushirou surmised.

Ichigo shakes his head no. "You don't have to bother... I'll do this on my own."

"We still don't know what their real intentions are... what if I'm wrong? Things might still get dangerous.", Toushirou said.

"When that happens you'll be the one I'll be counting on to protect Yuuki and Inoue.", Ichigo firmly said.

"That goes without saying.", Toushirou said, equally firm.

"Since they're after me then I'll settle this on my own. If they try to involve my friends then Rukia and the others can protect themselves but Yuuki and Inoue aren't good in combat.", Ichigo told Toushirou who nods in undsrstanding.

"Ichi-nii... please be careful.", Yuuki said, concern lacing her voice.

"I'll make sure to find out if they're enemies or not and what their intentions are.", Ichigo turns around to leave. "If that's settled then we should head back."

Urged by Ichigo, they make their way back to Karakura Town.

By the time they got back it was almost dawn. Ichigo went back to Kurosaki Clinic right away while Yuuki explained the situation to Orihime while getting ready for school.

"I understand, but will Kurosaki-kun be alright on his own?", Orihime asked Yuuki.

Slipping on her shoes, Yuuki answered. "I believe in Ichi-nii, he may be reckless at times but he always finds a way to fix things."

"You're right.......", Orihime agreed. The she turns her attention to Toushirou and Rangiku. "Don't forget to lock the door if you leave the house, okay?"