38. " Strategy Meeting "

Yuuki and the rest of the Shinigami captains and lieutenants continue their meeting to retrieve Hell from the Abyss.

"Yamamoto-jiisan.... is it possible to kill a Kushanāda?", Yuuki asked.

"Why do you ask?", Genryusai asked.

"Because--"

Yuuki was cut mid-sentence when the alarm suddenly went off. Shinigamis were running everywhere. The Gates of Hell appeared in Soul Society. It only appears in the Human world since sinners can't go to Soul Society.

"What's happening?!", Yamamoto asked.

"Sir! The Gates of Hell has appeared in Seireitei!"

Everyone in the room express shock, except for Amaterasu and Yuuki.

"Looks like they're here...", Yuuki mumbled.

"Kurosaki Yuuki, you seem to have an idea on what's going on.", Genryusai said.

"Earlier I asked if Kushanādas can be killed was because of this."

As she speaks, the Gates of Hell slowly opens and a black Kushanāda came out, followed by hundreds of Chained Hollows and Hollows.

"Amaterasu!", Yuuki called.

"Already on it!"

Amaterasu steps out of the room and in a few seconds, she was already near the gates. She casts a barrier to prevent more black Kushanādas and Chained Hollows from coming out. Yuuki turns his attention back to Genryusai and approaches him.

"Yamamoto-jiisan, you should have this.", Yuuki said.

She hands him a white marble-sized jewel.

"What's this?"

"It's a purification jewel, if you attach it to your weapon, it will have the ability to purify the Shadows or any creatures from the Abyss. However, depending on how powerful the attack, it will gradually lose its power and shatter. You don't have to worry about the damage because it will only affect dark beings."

Without a word, Genryusai clenches the jewel and flash steps his way out of the room to face the giant. The black Kushanāda slams the ground causing a strong tremor all over Seireitei. The people started to panic and runs away from the giant.

"Wow... Yamamoto-jiisan didn't waste much time, did he?", Yuuki said.

Genryusai got near the giant in only a few seconds. The wooden staff disguise peeled off revealing his Zanpakuto. He takes the purification jewel and it automatically attaches itself to the hilt. With one swing of his sword, the giant was suddenly engulfed in a huge fire tornado. As the rest of the captains were busy watching, several Chained Hollows made its way to them. Toushiro was the first one to quickly notice them.

"Everyone get back!", Toushiro warned.

He readies his sword and kills a few of them in one fell swoop. However, one managed to sneak up in behind Momo. She sensed the Chained Hollow and parried its attack and quickly backs away from it. Toushiro readies himself to try and strike it down but Yuuki stops him.

"Why?", he asked with a confused look on his face.

"I know Hina managed to injure Michiru last time, Grandma Farah told me the details. If she really did that then she can also kill Chained Hollows.", Yuuki said.

"But she got corrupted that time, that might have something to do with how she managed to do it.", Toushiro said.

"No.... it has nothing to with being corrupted."