47. " Choices "

Masahiko took Yuuki back to her home while he heads back to their base. While on the way, he ponders for a while.

(This is bad... they no longer need the black mist to leave and return to the Abyss.), he thought.

A few hours later, Toushiro decides to go on patrol like always to keep his mind off things.

(What's wrong with me? I can't stop thinking about her... (*sigh*)..... I really should focus... let's see... that Antumbra mentioned about taking something from me. What does it want? Was Shinohara Shinjo involved? If what the Head Captain said was right, I have to find out what that is. Maybe it's not something that we know but something we have.), Toushiro thought.

Then his head throbs as another vague memory came to his mind.

He saw a girl was handing him something saying,

[I promise to return so please take care of this while I'm gone].

The pain suddenly became intense and Toushiro faints on the spot when he tried to look at what she just handed him.

".... shiro..", a familiar voice called.

Toushiro opens his eyes feeling lightheaded. When he was fully awake, Toushiro saw Ichigo in his Shinigami uniform.

"Hey Toushiro? You okay?", Ichigo asked.

"Yeah... I'm fine..."

"Sleeping in the middle of the park is 'fine' to you?", Ichigo said. "Let's just go back, you need to rest... you look pale."

Meanwhile at the Kurosaki Clinic, Yuuki woke up feeling revitalized.

(*yawn*) "A good sleep was all I needed.", Yuuki said as she streches her arms. (My head hurts a bit though..... oh well...), she thought and shrugs.

She steps out from her room and senses Ichigo's Reiatsu. Then Kon in Ichigo's body opens the door. Yuuki peeks on them as Ichigo and Kon assists Toushiro to his room.

(Shiro?!! What happened to him?!), she thought with a concerned look on her face.

Ichigo places his palm on Toushiro's forehead.

(As I thought.... he's burning up. I better call someone.), Ichigo thought. "Kon, look after him for a while.", Ichigo said.

Since Ichigo has no other means to contact Seireitei aside from Rukia and Kisuke, he decided to inform them first.

"Sure.", Kon said.

Ichigo leaves to inform Kisuke since Rukia and the rest of the Shinigamis are busy patrolling Karakura Town so they could be anywhere.

At the Kurosaki residence, Yuuki knocks on the door.

"Ichi-nii, it's me."

"S-Sorry my ang-.... Yuuki but I'm busy right now.", Kon said, trying his best to act like Ichigo.

"Oh... it's just that... my head hurts a little, I was only going to ask if you could buy me some medicine, pretty please? I don't want to use the ones at the clinic since it's for emergency and we're low on supply anyway.

(*sigh*) "Alright...", Kon said. (If I run then I can get back in no time.), he thought.

Shortly after Kon left Yuuki summons a Shikigami.

"Keep him busy for a bit.", she ordered.

The Shikigami nods and leaves while Yuuki went to check on Toushiro. She sits at the edge of Ichigo's bed where Toushiro lays and gently places her palm on his forehead.